Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Sep 24, 2017 - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Sep 24, 2017 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Sep 24, 2017

Unread 09-24-2017, 08:19 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Sep 24, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkramer View Post
Hi! My name is Renee. I am 44 and am having hysterectomy surgery this Wednesday. Dr is removing uterus, fallopian tubes, and cervix. Keeping ovaries. I have multiple large uterine fibroids that cause pain, heavy bleeding, and frequent periods. My main concerns are how I will feel when I wake up from surgery because anesthesia usually makes me very sick, and I also have fibromyalgia, a vestibular disorder, and other chronic health issues that I am concerned will be compounded with surgery and recovery.
Hi Renee! Sounds worrisome-holding good thoughts! Haven't had my hysterectomy – it's Friday – but in other surgeries I have found the talking very clearly and frankly with my anesthesiologist before surgery that day makes a huge difference. Once they understand your concerns better, they're usually really good at working with you… I've also seen this noted on other posts here. Fingers crossed!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2017, 08:48 AM

Good morning Gearing up for my hysterectomy scheduled for 9/28 Thursday morning and I have an amazing Dr who has kept me grounded during the waiting period. I had to do 2 months of Lupron Injections in order to shrink fibroids that enlarged my uterus to 18". At my apt last week she belives she wont have to do abdominal but wont know for sure. So that is a bit scary. She estimates my surgery will be 5 hours :/ She is removing uterus, tubes and cervix but leaving ovaries.
I have prepped meals, cleaned the house etc. Just trying to come up with things I need to get to keep me " busy " while recovering. I am like the energizer bunny so resting will be the hard part.

Wont lie. I am nervous as heck. The Dr did rx me a small dose of valium to take this week as needed after I had a huge meltdown last week but I think thats the Lupron messing with my emotions too. So just thinking good thoughts and knowing this time next week I will be in recovery mode. Oh forgot to add, I am 50
Unread 09-24-2017, 09:02 AM

Hi. I am also getting a Davinci hysterectomy and I am nervous as all get out. I have been in pain forever but I can't shake these jitters. Surgery is Thursday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2017, 09:07 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Sep 24, 2017

Thank you for the advice I will take it. I appreciate that

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1220 View Post
From my experience with prior abdominal surgeries, I found that the quicker I got up and moved around the better I felt. Is it going to hurt? Of course. Keep up with the pain. My biggest mistake was waiting too long to ask for pain meds. Try to walk as straight as you can and drink plenty of fliuds. And rest. Just remember that everyone recovers differently. Good luck! Oh, a small pillow with gentle pressure over you incision for coughing, sneezing, laughing etc will help too.
Unread 09-24-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macpickle View Post
Hi. I am also getting a Davinci hysterectomy and I am nervous as all get out. I have been in pain forever but I can't shake these jitters. Surgery is Thursday.

Me too. But just think this time next week we will be 3 days into our recovery
Unread 09-24-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilD View Post
Hi Renee! Sounds worrisome-holding good thoughts! Haven't had my hysterectomy – it's Friday – but in other surgeries I have found the talking very clearly and frankly with my anesthesiologist before surgery that day makes a huge difference. Once they understand your concerns better, they're usually really good at working with you… I've also seen this noted on other posts here. Fingers crossed!!
Thank you! -Renee
Unread 09-24-2017, 10:28 AM

I m having a complete hysterectomy and ooparectomy on Thursday. I m a little nervous but know God is in control
Unread 09-24-2017, 11:37 AM

Hi my name is Judy. I'm 38 years old and will be having a LAVH this Friday. I have never had surgery before so I have to admit my anxiety level has been through the roof. My problem began 10 years ago when I was told I had fibroids. I chose to "wait and see" and of course they only got worse. My heavy periods left me super anemic every month and my fibroids continued growing to the size of a 16 week uterus.

I know we are all having surgery this week and I want you all to know thatI I will be praying for you all to have healthy surgeries and recoveries. I look forward to reading your post-surgery threads.

Thanks =)
Unread 09-24-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjames197443 View Post
Good morning My name is priscilla
I have a laproscopic hysterectomy scheduled for tomorrow. removing cervix, uterus, and tubes, keeping ovaries.
i am anxious yet confident. i have terrible fibroids that despite other procedures kept coming back. My husband and daughter have been great and supportive, i am just trying to find creative ways to rest after surgery. I am so used to being on the go so resting is going to be new for me!i am most anxious about going to the bathroom and i hate catheters so i hope i dont have to go home with one. I never thought i would worry about peeing as much as i am now! I pray for everyone on their surgeries and speedy recovery!
I don't know that you'll have to find creative ways because I think you'll really want to rest lease the first few days. Myself I'm a type a personality and that's very hard to give up control. But I have several books that I really like the author so I'm going to plan on reading those and watching some of my favorite daytime shows like the price is right
Unread 09-24-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarabeth84 View Post
Hi ladies, my name is Sara. I have three beautiful children and a very loving,supportive fiancé, and several wonderful friends. I have my TAH with both my ovaries being removed as well, coming up this Wednesday the 27th, and I am frightened about my recovery time which my doctor told me would be 8 weeks.
Is there anything I can do to speed up this recovery process? Advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Sara
Walking is good witch u can do but also when your doctor told you no lifting no housework listen to that advice because pulling on that area or stretching it could cause other issues
Closed Thread

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register