Scheduled LSH All is ready and in order..NOT | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

All is ready and in order..NOT All is ready and in order..NOT

Unread 09-27-2010, 09:13 AM
All is ready and in order..NOT

blood work done (check)
EKG done (check)
grocery shopped ... um...no
house cleaned ...um...no
drawers organized...um...no
brain freeze on what to do the rest of the day (check)

I really feel more like .. I don't know what I feel like doing, so I'm sitting here typing about doing nothing while I have loads to do that I don't want to do. And if you understand that, you may be one day preop.

I think I'll take a long bike ride...

Yes ladies, my nerves are finally really getting to me. Tomorrow at this time I will be in surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2010, 09:24 AM
Re: All is ready and in order..NOT

Enjoy your long bike ride. It will help unfreeze your brain - always works for me. Once your fibroids have been evicted you will enjoy your bike rides even more. Since bike riding helps all your core muscles it should speed up your recovery later and soon you will be able to ride again. Nerves were the worst part for me pre op also. Afterwards recovery went smooth and fast. Best wishes.
Unread 09-27-2010, 09:32 AM

oh my! Now I have to laugh!

I had a student intern draw my blood today, and she had a real time doing it. Had to call for help twice.. but it was fine, she really didn't hurt me, so I felt kind of noble being able to help her in her education!

But now I'm home and my arm is swollen, bruised and hot in the area where she drew the blood! I guess I have some hemotoma (?) from it. Never had this happen before, but let's hope this is the worst thing to happen in my journey!!! UGGGGGGGGGGG!!! LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2010, 09:52 AM

ah, i am hiding in my bedroom..in the dark.. .paralyzed with fear.. knowing i have things i need to do.. this time tomorrow. ill be in the hospital...a bike ride, really? wow.. you're good..its cold and rainy here..so i dont have get out in the sunshine guilt anyway.. anyone else out there... going tomorrow.. how do you feel????
Unread 09-27-2010, 10:07 AM

Wishing you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery! Now that I'm on the other side, the unknown that you're dealing with right now really is the worst part!
Best wishes~
Unread 09-27-2010, 10:53 AM

Best wishes for your surgery. Mine is on Friday and it's going to a LONG week of waiting nervously...
Unread 09-27-2010, 10:56 AM

Oh- yes, go for the bike ride-releases endorphins and helps recovery. Do the groceries later. Good luck. Let us know on ther othere side how it was. Amila
Unread 09-27-2010, 01:36 PM

well..didn't make the bike ride, saving it for tonight with hubby..I think.

But I did get the house kindof cleaned, it smells good anyway.

Forgot to put pack an "in case" bag for tomorrow, doctor said to pack but leave it in the car..

not going to the store..I'd just spend money on stuff that probably won't get used. I'll leave it up to hubby and my girls to worry about food for right now...

and now my biggest worry is having to go out among people tonight when I'd much rather stay home. But it's an "I've got to" thing that I have no control over. It's only for an hour plus that little time of arriving and leaving, but I'm not up to the encouraging wishes from people. I'd much rather just not talk to anyone about it, except my hubby. Wish I could not do it, but... I have to.

Oh, the swelling in the arm from my blood letting is much better.
Unread 09-27-2010, 06:27 PM

Hope all with upcoming surgeries have the best recovery!!! Waiting is probably the worst!! It will be better soon!!
Unread 09-27-2010, 07:49 PM

Hi! I am also having surgery tomorrow. I am a little nervous but I am calm this evening. My procedure is scheduled for 6:30am. I am trying to keep positive and looking forward to a speedy recovery. I found this website very helpful. Good Luck tomorrow!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register