hysterectomy blues? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hysterectomy blues? hysterectomy blues?

Unread 03-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Re: hysterectomy blues?

Hello,I am new to this site ,I had my uterus taken out last year,four surgerys prior to that for removal of cysits and tumors.Two weeks ago I was released from the hospital from what they said was life threatning surgery. I had a bowl abstrution followed by really bad shape overies that they had to scrape out of my pelvic bone. They also took my appendix,part of colon and intestines.I'm now dealing with the incision healing and major depression ,anxiety,worthlessness,back pain ,no sleep and mood swings. I do not know how to handle myself. I've looked up tons of info for my boyfriend but I would like some more advice for him . Can anyone please help me????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2010, 12:53 PM

Hello Ihatethis.

My heart really goes out to you, You have had a real rough time with your surgery. All that is behind you now and you are on the up now. You need to really take care . I am only a couple of weeks out of hysterectomy. My doc presribed me some mild sleeping tablets which enable me at least to get about six hours sleep a night. I also use a hot water bottle on my tummy or between the legs to calm bladder spasms. Just remember you are not alone . Hoping you can calm your mind and concentrate on healing. sending you lots of warm thoughts.
Unread 03-24-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatethis View Post
Hello,I am new to this site ,I had my uterus taken out last year,four surgerys prior to that for removal of cysits and tumors.Two weeks ago I was released from the hospital from what they said was life threatning surgery. I had a bowl abstrution followed by really bad shape overies that they had to scrape out of my pelvic bone. They also took my appendix,part of colon and intestines.I'm now dealing with the incision healing and major depression ,anxiety,worthlessness,back pain ,no sleep and mood swings. I do not know how to handle myself. I've looked up tons of info for my boyfriend but I would like some more advice for him . Can anyone please help me????????
Oh sweetie, you have been through an awful lot, but you did not need me to tell you that! First, I am certainly no expert, but did they put you on any HRT to deal with the removal of your ovaries? I can only imagine that the depression and mood swings are part of that and due to the fact that you have been dealing with so much. The incision will heal with time. For now I would definately call your doc & see if he could start with the HRT. Possibly also antidepressants. They have heard and seen it all. If your GYN will not help see your GP. I find it so sweet that you are going through all of this and still trying to help your boyfriend through this as well. Together you will figure this out and get through this. I really do not have any advice as to where you can find out info for your boyfriend. There is a forum on this site about NO OVARIES or surgical menopause. maybe someone there would have more info for the two of you. Like Wendy said, the surgery is behind you so move forward and I pray for you to find some help and answers quickly. Hang in there, we are here for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2010, 03:13 PM

TO Ihatethis

You need to see your doctor preferably a lady doctor as they are more understanding. Get yourself some strong painkillers and some sleeping tablets, They are working for me. Your body needs sleep to heal. Ask about some HRT as well. I have awful days when |I feel so low, I try to cope by reminding myself how much my body has suffered with the trauma of surgery. Please see your doctor and get yourself on some medication that will help you. sending you loads of hugs.
Unread 03-24-2010, 10:39 PM

Thank you wendy 22
How are you doing? Im just 2 weeks out of hospital as well......... Hope you have a speedy recovery. Do you deal with any mood swings or depression?

TOO anyone listening....Any good advice for my boyfrind????
Good night everyone,that is I get to sleep. Have not had any sleep in weeks......
Unread 03-25-2010, 02:23 AM

HI ihatethis

Yes i have a lot of mood swings, I just try and keep positive and talk my self out of it. Easier said than done I know. Once my bladder settles I am sure I will be fine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register