Six months post op and still walking in the forest of weirdness | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Six months post op and still walking in the forest of weirdness Six months post op and still walking in the forest of weirdness

Unread 03-26-2011, 07:57 AM
Six months post op and still walking in the forest of weirdness

I had gallbladder removal surgery done via laprascopic surgery and a partial hysterectomy (uterus, cervix gone, still have both ovaries) on Sept. 23, 2010, done via Davinci Robotic. In Jan. of this year I began to have hormone troubles (putting it mildy). After months of medicines and patches not working, I am now on the cream designed by my doctor to better suit my needs, low testosterone and such. Ok, for the past 4 months around the last week of the month I still get pms symptoms, i.e.. sore breasts, horrible lower back pain and weird sensations to the left or right of my belly button. It doesn't really hurt, it's more like weird discomfort. At first it felt like it was sensitive to the touch, like if my pants rubbed it, it felt weird. Now when I sit up straight up for too long, it again feels strange. Wish I could describe it better, but it's so strange that I am finding it hard to understand myself. It has occured during the last week of every month for the last four months, it only last (usually a day or two and it goes away til the next month). I went to see the surgeon who performed my gallbladder removal in Jan. to check for a hernia and she didnt' feel one. She said if the discomfort didn't go away she wanted me to have an abdominal ct.. well the next day the pain was gone so I didn't give it much thought til the last week of Feb. rolled around and then again pms symptoms and weird stomach sensations. I have no clue what the heck is causing this and now my lower back is hurting again. All of this while on hormone replacement therapy. Have any of you ever experienced anything like this before? These past six months post op have been a roller coaster for me, like two steps forward and five steps back. I have never in my entire life felt such weird sensations, mood swings and just lack of luster for anything. Granted, thankfully my moods and libido have improved, I am finally starting to feel like myself again and now this. Worst of all my health insurance expires the end of this month because I can no longer afford it. Im not scared, just aggravated! I want to go on with my life and these steps back are just really dragging me down. Thanks ladies for letting me vent, I am praying one of you has felt this before and can tell me what it might be. Hope your days are blessed ones. Thanks so much!
Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Re: Six months post op and still walking in the forest of weirdness

Amy, I am about 6 months too. Had my surgery on sept 30. Mine however was a total hysterectomy. They took everything. However...every month for a few days I have pms symptoms too. I am not on hrt. Everyone around here that I know that has has a hysto has said the same. I don't know what to tell you about the pains...I still have some achy discomfort that is worse then. I can sympathize with the insurance issue also. We lost ours too. Sorry I can't help with more, but the pms thing def still happens.
Unread 03-26-2011, 12:48 PM

Thanks for the reply. I feel your pain as well. I didnt know by having a partial hysterectomy that I might be thrown into early menopause. I was so anxious to live a life without pain that it never occurred to me and nobody told me...sigh..Seems like I have traded one thing for another. Im sorry you lost your insurance, but I totally understand. It is so expensive these days. Ive been reading alot and I cannot find anything about the weird stomach sensations, now my lower ab is hurting, I guess I am ovulating, that's usually what that pain means. At least we girls got each other huh! Take care of yourself, know your not alone with your struggles!

Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2011, 01:35 PM

You seem to be describing ovulation. Left ovary one month. Then right ovary the next. PMS symptoms based on ovulation. It is like you are having a period without the bleeding.

Since you still have your ovaries, you are probably still ovulating. I'd just treat it just like a menstrual cycle. Some heat on the back. Some Advil or whatever for the cramps. Some chocolate for the mood.

To be sure, check with your gynecologist.
Unread 03-27-2011, 08:01 PM

Thank you Sassine, that's what I figured too..it's just a really weird sensation and I didnt have it until the surgery. I see my doctor next month, Im going to tell him about it! Thanks guys! I appreciate the help SO much!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register