Aunt Flo Won't Go AND Other Things | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aunt Flo Won't Go AND Other Things Aunt Flo Won't Go AND Other Things

Unread 07-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Aunt Flo Won't Go AND Other Things

wow had it three weeks, one week off, had again, just got five days off SHE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She just won't give it up!!! 8 days to go -- pray I stay healthy.
On another topic -- I don't know if this is pre-surgery nerves or what
I feel like my chest is being crushed by 1000 pounds, i feel lightheaded, I feel dizzy, I feel forgetful, I feel confused, I feel anxious, my whole body feels tense and then achy
I have been taking Ambien at night to help sleep -- could it be from that?
Could be another entire problem?
Is this pre-surgery jitters?
Sometimes I feel really hot
I'm taking thyroid (compounded) and bio-identicals of BiEst, Testerone, and Progesterone
I am really scared right now -- my doc is on vacation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2007, 03:01 PM

Hi iwaveatcows!

Is it really only 8 days until "our surgery" date???? I haven't really been keeping track--I just know it's not here NOW! I have to go tomorrow for an endo biopsy (lovely insurance requests) and my bloodwork.

Sounds to me like you're having anxiety attacks. I have them from time to time but not the way I used to several years ago. Try some deep breathing, hot baths, hot tea, and just letting all those emotions out. I found that trying to hold them all in only made it worse. Take care of yourself and hang loose. It will be over for us before we know it! PM me if you want.
Unread 07-25-2007, 07:55 AM

Take deep breaths and try to relax
Did your dr leave a number or someone else that you could call while he/she is on vacation? If you keep on having problems or are running a fever, please seek help.

S S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2007, 12:48 PM

Hi, To cheer you up you might want to read the thread called "What's your positives?" in the Post Op Forum. You are going to feel so much better after the surgery. Keep focusing on the positives and you will feel more relaxed.
-----------------
TAH, July 2
Unread 07-25-2007, 01:07 PM

will do and thanks -- just got my date changed SOONER, now 7/31. yeah!
Unread 07-25-2007, 01:15 PM

Hi iwaveatcows,

Have you called your Dr about this? With all the bleeding you're doing right before surgery, I would be concerned about anemia. It could cause problems. He might want to get you on iron pills before your surgery. It also might explain some of your other symptoms.

I had my period (normal) a week before surgery and my Dr. came in and talked to me right before the surgery about my blood count being low. I also had low blood pressure after surgery and they almost didn't let me go home on schedule because of it. The Dr. put me on iron after the surgery.

Best of wishes!!!
Unread 07-25-2007, 01:23 PM

of course I feel great today -- i am still trying to pinpoint what had me feeling so bad on Monday and Tuesday. If I am any different tomorrow I will certainly check in with his office. Trying to eat right and stay hydrated and healthy now.
Unread 07-25-2007, 02:36 PM

I'm so glad to see you feel better today. I love your nic by the way, I wave at cows with my grandbabies all the time! (I live in Wisconsin)

Have you tried deep breathing? Someone else said keep breathing... There is more to it than just that statement. You'll be surprised if you really try... Just be sure you have no restrictive clothes over your chest and tummy. Sit comfortably... close your eyes and breathe in through your nose deeply, really fill the chest cavity all the way and into your stomach muscles... slowly, hold for a few seconds, then purse your lips and slowly exhale. Rest for a moment or two, then do it again... 3 or 4 repetitions and you'll have an oxygen high. It is the easiest, cheapest mode of relaxation I've EVER taken seriously!!!!

My daughter is a registered massage therapist and she said the next best thing to a full body massage is deep breathing. It really is euphoric! You'd probably get a better night's sleep as well.

Take care... but try it, when you are in a quiet place with some comfortable clothes... relax and breathe..... You'll be amazed, its a fabulous free feeling and may help you make the decisions you need to make.

God bless you sweetie... You'll make the right decision... its your body... you truly do know what's best. Trust your instincts!

Hugs!!!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register