Gynecologic Cancer Awareness, Fundraising Opportunities, Special Links | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Gynecologic Cancer Awareness, Fundraising Opportunities, Special Links Gynecologic Cancer Awareness, Fundraising Opportunities, Special Links

Unread 10-26-2004, 11:32 PM
Gynecologic Cancer Awareness, Fundraising Opportunities, Special Links

A campaign to encourage the Postal Service to create an Ovarian Awareness Postal Stamp was started in April of 2001, by Carolyn Benivegna, President and Founder of the S.W. Florida division of NOCC. According to the Postal brochure it takes the postal service 2-3 years to decide on a new stamp.

You can help to make this proposal a reality by either signing this petition or by printing this letter and mailing it to the address you'll see at the top of the letter.

Please help in the quest to make more people aware of this deadly disease.

Ovarian cancer -- it whispers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2005, 08:49 PM
PajamaGram to Help Fight Ovarian Cancer

Hi, Ladies. I received a catalog for PajamaGram today and they have designed a new pair of pj's to help fight ov ca. They're called the "Put Ovarian Cancer to Rest" pajamas. The PajamaGram Company will donate 10% of the proceeds from the sale of the pj's, a ribbon pin and a candle to the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition.

Thought you'd like to know. The pj's are very attractive. (In fact, I have a pair of PajamaGram pj's myself. They are one of my favorites.) They've got a website: PajamaGram
Unread 04-26-2005, 09:05 PM
Teal Jelly Bands with Symptom Card

These are now available at www.ovarian.org. They are $2.50 each and has "it whispers...so listen" on them. Since they're popular now, this might be the time to stock up or add to gifts.

Create Awareness by Wearing a Teal Jelly Bracelet

Teal jelly awarness bracelets are now available through the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition. Wearing awareness bracelets has become nationally popular with children, teens and adults. Inscribed with, "It whispers....so listen" each bracelet also includes a symptom card. A $2.50 donation (includes shipping and handling) is requested for each bracelet to help further ovarian cancer education and awareness. To place your order, mail or fax the order form or call 1-888-OVARIAN. Please note there is a $10.00 minimum for all credit card purchases. Please Click for order form and fax to 561-393-7275 or mail to: NOCC, 500 NE Spanish River Blvd., Suite 8, Boca Raton, FL 33431
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2005, 07:44 PM
Gynecologic Cancer Awareness, Fundraising Opportunities, Special Links

The Ovarian Cancer Research Fund website keeps a list of and links to some products for sale that benefit the OCRF. This includes various bracelets/jewelry, makeup, CD's, etc. Check it out!

Ovarian Cancer Research Fund
Unread 04-30-2005, 11:57 AM
FOR EVERYONE

www.choosehope.com
They have things in teal and white for cervical and peach for uterine as well as ribbon items for people who have other types of cancer. Over the last four years, they've sent $24,000 as part of profits to the Univ. of WI Clinical Cancer Center.
Unread 05-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Pink and Teal Cancer "Bling" benefits hereditary breast and ovarian cancer awareness

Dear Friends,
FORCE: Facing Our Risk of Cancer Empowered, for women and families affected by hereditary breast and ovarian cancer sells cancer awareness bling! This jewelry features the pink and teal FORCE logo and 100% of the proceeds go toward the FORCE organization. You can order them at:

http://www.facingourrisk.org/shop/li...op.php#logopin

Warm regards,
Sue
Unread 05-29-2005, 06:39 PM
PLACE TO TAKE ACTION

I caught a public service announcement on CBS tonight and checked the site at www.cbscares.com where I found information on breast cancer but nothing on gynecologic cancers. They got an e-mail from me requesting them to do a PSA on gynecologic cancers and a symptom/fact story on the click-on site. Hoping others will follow up.
Unread 06-20-2005, 10:05 AM
S 1172 Johanna's Law

Please contact your US Senator and ask him or her to sign on and co-sponsor this bill. It will provide funding for education and awareness of ovarian cancer nationwide. It was started by ONE woman, whose siser died of ovca.
Unread 06-20-2005, 10:09 AM
September Awareness Month

I just thought of sojmething new to try for Sept. which is both Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month and Gynecologic Cancer Awareness Month.

I will contact my two US Senators and the eight Representatives our state has and ask each of them to issue a proclamation WITH press release for September. Hopefully this will be picked up by visitors to their sites and by newspapers or radio/tv in their areas and the word will get spread that way.

I did a search by entering Wisconsin 109th Congress and got a list.

If we would do this in our states, it could make a difference.

Also, don't forget your mayors and County administrators where you are for a better chance of local coverage.
Unread 09-04-2005, 03:30 PM
A web site I found

Maybe you all know about this but I just found it. OCRF.org I bought the l'oreal make up before at walgrens it's called the color of hope I haven't found it since last November which was the same month my mom lost her hard faught battle with stage IV ovarian cancer. I'm just glad to know I can now buy it on line. I have learned so much by visiting this web site and I will continue to pray for all of you. You are all so strong and helped me so much when my mom was fighting her cancer. Thank you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register