Feeling Blah 3 weeks post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling Blah 3 weeks post op Feeling Blah 3 weeks post op

Unread 10-30-2008, 05:54 AM
Feeling Blah 3 weeks post op

I had a TAH 3 weeks ago and I feel worse now then I did a week ago. It doesn't quite feel fair!! I kept my ovaries and yet I find myself getting teary and angry over well....nothing really. Are my hormones going hey wire even with my ovaries???Or is it just a "I'm fed up with doing nothing" type of thing?I am just so angry but I'm undecided about what.....???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2008, 04:13 PM

Hi Fairyjane

I think what you are feeling is so normal at this stage of your recovery.

As you start to feel a little better you do a little more (without even noticing) and your body bites back and say Hey I'm still healing here!

As for feeling teary and emotional, your body has been through quite a traumatic event and is using almost all of its energy to heal you. Initially I cried everytime anyone arrived or left me, at sad or happy things on TV, in the papers or in magazines but it got better over the first 4 weeks. Didn't really get angry though.

There are things you can be doing so that you don't get too stir crazy. Reading, watching TV, sewing, knitting, Christmas Cards, light baking etc.

Also, if you have friends or family out & about running errands hitch a ride. It will do you good to get out of the house and you can walk around the shops too.

Hope this helps!

Hugs

Katy
Unread 10-31-2008, 03:53 PM

{{{FairyJane}}} I had a TAH 5 weeks ago (kept only 1 ovary) and I felt much the same as you've described at 3 weeks. Frustrated - mad - sad. It didn't seem like I'd ever start feeling better physically, mentally I couldn't concentrate...

Now, at 5 weeks, I'm feeling much better. As a consequence, I'm dealing better with life's smaller frustrations.

Hang in - you'll get there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2008, 07:36 PM

I can sure indentify with your words Fairyjane. I am almost 3 weeks post op and having a really hard time of it. I could cry at anything. I am feeling really alone with my brother leaving yest. I'm even missing my ex boyfriend i broke up with 7months ago. Whats happening. Just that feeling of vulnerability and loneliness lying round in a bed wishing things would mend faster. Not easy. some days the pains not as bad, next day worse again. Roller coaster ride. Keep writing about it. it does help to share it. Best of wishes for your recovery xx
Unread 10-31-2008, 08:10 PM

FairyJane
what you are feeling is quite normal. My dr informed me that I could feel rather emotional for awhile. I kept my ovaries, but with the surgery he needed to stitch them in place. As the stitches dissolve the ovaries move a little which "wakes them up" as he put it and they can over-secrete hormones.
He warned me that I might cry at the silliest things because of this.

I was pretty lucky in that my emotions didn't run wild. I did get some hot flashes, but they've subsided.

At 6 weeks I feel pretty good. Energy is not bad and my tummy is starting out smaller each day (it swells by evening), but at least it is getting a little smaller

Take care of yourself, its early yet in the healing...
Unread 10-31-2008, 10:09 PM

Yep! I had it too. I cried at EVERYTHING at 3 weeks and I was really angry with my doctor (she deserved it, even the DH agrees). At 5 weeks I'm so much better, much happier. I finally did end up getting a low dose estrogen patch because the hot flashes, night sweats and mood swings got really severe. I think I was on the verge of menopause before I had the surgery anyway.

Keep your chin up, it will get better. Relax as much as you can because 6 weeks goes so fast! Pamper yourself with a good book, & some nice music.
All the best,
Katie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register