Bending over | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Bending over

I've been wondering this for a while, kind of hoping someone else would ask the question. Are we not supposed to bend over? It doesnt hurt and my Dr never said not to. I have just noticed a lot of ladies mentioning picking things up with their feet and it has gotten me thinking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2008, 02:55 PM
Bending over

Good Question!! I know in the little booklet that I ordered from here -- it says no bending over in the first 1-2 weeks post op. I have tried to bend over to pick up papers off the floor and get yelled at by my dh and daughter so I guess that is a no-no. I'm anxious for my visit to the dr. this Friday to see if I have overdone anything. Good luck!
Unread 08-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Bending over

I am 17 days post op and went to the dr yesterday. She has released me to drive, but not go back to work for another week. She also said no sex for 6 more weeks (oops, we slipped twice last week! - Hey, we're newlyweds!), but she hasn't put any other restrictions on me except no pushing or pulling and no real housework (YIPPEE!!) She said do what you feel you can do. I'm feeling pretty well, but it hurts like the devil when I cough and sneeze.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2008, 03:16 PM
Bending over

i've had quite a few surgeries and i've never been told not to bend over. i've always been told to move around as much as possible, walk as soon as i feel up to it, etc. the only restrictions i have ever had was no sex or heavy lifting.
Unread 08-30-2008, 03:19 PM
Bending over

Its nice to know that I am not the only one that was not told not to bend over. After reading the posts from the other ladies that talk about picking things up with their toes and such it got me to wondering if I was doing anything to hurt myself.

Thanks for the reassurance.
Unread 08-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Bending over

I guess if you bend over and it hurts, don't bend over. But that's not really being suportive, is it? Sorry I'm sort of sarcastic so I hope I don't hurt feelings by saying that!
Unread 08-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Bending over

It doesnt hurt my feelings, that kind of the way I have been doing things.
Unread 08-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Bending over

Karebear11068

You slipped up twice having sex and you are only 17 days post op. Oh my please don't do it again. I don't know what procedure you had but I think with all the hysts that is a for sure big big big no no. There are other ways to please each other than going inside. Sorry if that is gross. Did you let your dr know????
Unread 08-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Bending over

I was never told not to bend over by the Dr. either, Alot of us on here were never told that from the Dr., but learned it on here. When you bend over it could cause internal damage where all the work has been done. I avoided doing it for at least 4 weeks.
Unread 08-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Bending over

TAH/BSO yeah, no bending. But certainly no picking stuff up with feet because of strain on stomach muscles. Have to bend to put socks on anyway, just choose not to bend unless absolutely necessary though your surgery is nowhere near as extensive, the internals are probably similar though, I don't know. Check with your Doctor.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register