Post Op update | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post Op update Post Op update

Unread 04-03-2007, 11:19 PM
Post Op update

It has been exactly one week since my abdominal hyst. I found out that, and I quote from the doctors "everything was stuck together and there was some twisting". I can't remember everything they said but that was the just of it. I was discharged 3 days later and am at home resting comfortably. I have had my family looking after me but am already getting ancy. I may try to venture out to a quick trip to Target with my sister. There hasn't been too much discharge but the insomnia is there and I was just reading up on the swelly belly, which now makes sense. Thank you for all the great info on this site and other info that is available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2007, 01:43 AM
Post Op update

Hi seattlewnfm
Glad to hear everything went well and you are managing to rest. I guess we are all different but one week seems very soon to be going shopping in Target! I know how the mind gets antsy, but the body is still in early days of healing from this major surgery. If there is one thing I feel I might have done wrong during my healing, it was listening to my brain say "I'm bored" and then going out and finding I really wasn't ready. Please be careful! I know it's hard when you are stuck at home, but as they all say on here, "You only get one chance to heal well".
Take care
MP
Unread 04-04-2007, 03:05 AM
Post Op update

I agree with megapixel. You have only one chance to heal right. At this point in your recovery the only thing you should be doing is rest, rest, rest, drink plenty of water and short walks. I also would not have gone to Target one week after SAH. Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2007, 06:03 AM
Post Op update

If you go to Target and someone bumps you with a cart or a child runs into you; you could be setting yourself back in recovery.
Unread 04-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Post Op update

Thank you for your replies, I woke up this morning and decided to not go to Target. Also, after reading replies that only confirmed what I am feeling and will stay home and rest and relax.
Unread 04-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Post Op update

Us sisters know best! Now how about a little online retail therapy instead?!
Take good care
MP

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register