Do breasts get smaller? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Do breasts get smaller? Do breasts get smaller?

Unread 02-15-2005, 08:06 AM
Do breasts get smaller?

Silly question, but do breasts get smaller after ovaries are removed? Mine got smaller while on Lupron, but I never knew if it was a result of no estrogen or just a side effect of the drug itself. They bounced back (no pun intended!) shortly after I stopped using Lupron. Thanks for the feedback!

Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2005, 08:08 AM
Do breasts get smaller?

Boy, I hope not.. will be watching the replies here.
Unread 02-15-2005, 08:23 AM
Do breasts get smaller?

Hey... now there is a side effect I didn't even think of.. of course we are planning on keeping the ovaries, but if they get smaller because of this, that will save me from having to go through a breast reduction!! woo hooooooooooooooo LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Do breasts get smaller?

This is one of those questions I was thinking about, but didn't ask. I'm glad someone else asked it though! LOL My breasts got a little bigger when the dr put me on bc pills to try to help my problems...not that they needed to get any bigger, but they did. So, far I think they have lost a bit of "plumpness" but not too much since I'm no longer taking the bc pills. Heck, after having two kids, I'm just happy to have any!
Unread 02-15-2005, 11:07 AM
Do breasts get smaller?

I had a TAH/BSO. Nope, no shrinking for me. I also take estrogen.

If you are keeping your ovaries or not keeping them but not taking estrogen the answer could be different.

Best wishes!
Unread 02-15-2005, 11:25 AM
Do breasts get smaller?

That would be a great side effect!!! I would love to have smaller boobs (and mine aren't that big - but big enough!).

jas
Unread 02-15-2005, 11:30 AM
Do breasts get smaller?

No, mine are still the same big ole monsters they always were. I had a TAH/BSO and am on a transdermal estrogen patch for my HRT.

In fact, my entire body - not to mention mind, spirit, attitude, soul etc - is pretty much exactly the same as it was before the surgery. I feel no different (wasn't having symptoms, despite a grapefruit-sized fibroid) and look no different. The HRT is working like a charm and on a day to day basis, I completely forget that I had the surgery just 5 months ago.

Hope yours goes as well - good luck.
Unread 02-15-2005, 02:45 PM
Going down?

I don't know what the scientific truth is, but I have a sinking suspicion that my breasts will seize any excuse to shrink.

For example, I've lost 50 - 60 pounds over the past year and I swear 75 per cent of it came off my chest. When I look at the poor, little droopy bits that remain, I don't even recognize them.

What I REALLY want to know is: does this operation do anything to reduce the tummy, butt and thunder thighs?

Ain't bodies fun?

Keep well,
IslandScribe
Unread 02-15-2005, 05:58 PM
My concern ........

I get a little worried at the light hearted responses received.

This surgery has far more serious implications and outcomes than smaller boobs, bums, or thighs.

I am sure there are quite a few of us that wish our only outcome from this surgrey was smaller boobs, bums or thighs.
Unread 02-15-2005, 06:22 PM
Do breasts get smaller?

I think this is a very good question. I have fibrocystic disease of the breast and having extreme periods makes the whole bad situation way worse. I would like to know that hormonal control would ameliorate the situation - and this may result in smaller breast size. That would be a very good thing for me.

In fact, getting smaller is not really accurate. I should say I would like to see a return to my normal size - becuase now i have matching granny bras for my granny underwear! Thus, a "shrinkage" would be an indication of normal health.

Also, when I took Danzol for over a year (twice), being fat was not the only issue. Taking steriods raises cholesterol and I devoloped a lipdaemia that prevented me form continuing this therapy. Meanwhile, the androgens were causing a decrease in breast size. This incongruity led to the cholesterol level test.

Gaining weight is a medical issue and can become a serious complication. Because the breasts have such a high fat content, weight gain or loss is quickly noticeable in them - so keep paying attention to your busts and your bum!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register