Over doing excerise due to anxiety | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Over doing excerise due to anxiety Over doing excerise due to anxiety

Unread 09-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Over doing excerise due to anxiety

Is it possible to over do excerise when you are trying to deal with anxiety?

I have been steadily increasing my excerise intensity lately. At first I thought it was for my own abmition. Expect I noticed that many of my thoughts are on the upcoming surgery. So I push myself even harder.

Can I over do the excerise if I am not careful? I didn't think I could but having a lot of pain and inflamation this weekend I thought I might could.

Has anyone else done this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2007, 06:27 PM

Hi, I have been doing the same thing and realize that has become my time to think everything through. I was suppose to have my surgery on Oct 17 and it was moved up to Sept 12, so now I feel like I have so much to do before that day. I am a runner and have found I keep going for long runs and forget to do some shorter ones. Well Saturday I pushed myself and now my ankle and back are hurting some. I took a rest day today and spent time with the family which helped. Try not to over due it like I did and take sometime to do other things, the day to the castle will come and we don't want to have other pains to add on ourselves.
Unread 09-02-2007, 06:46 PM

my hsyter date is the same. Expect dh is tempted to see if they will move it up to this wednesday b/c of the pain i have been in all weekend long.

I can't help it. For two months I couldn't run. I only could speed walk. Now that i am close to my surgery all of I sudden I feel this urger and need to RUN like none stop. I ran so much this week on the tred mill I literarily thought I hurt myself.

I stopped running b/c of the pain from all the female problems and the fact it made the "pelvic congestion" three times worse. No matter what I take its like being repeatedly punched in the gut when its acting up. This part of the reason why I am having a hyster. The other reason is due to a prolapse uterus that has gotten progressively worse. It went from being inside the cervix to being in the vaginal canal. The pain is horrible.

Dh swears that I am over doing it and causing some of this myself. When I talked ot the dr and nurse practioner (female) they stated the more I excerised the better off I would be. They call it the curse of the skinny white woman. They said for some strange reason the Percentage of skiiny white women have early hyster...

Everyone use to tell me that i made them sick, well. Let me tell you that you will be sick if you try to be like me. Its not worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2007, 07:53 PM

Hi, I am right with you there on the prolapse thing, crazy huh? My date is 9/11. I kinda feel jinxed right there, I don't like heights and am a bit suspicious. Hope they don't put me on the top floor.Are you having a TVH? I am plus they have to repair the stuff that the uterus is taking down with it. Ya know, I am originally from Australia, I just gave new meaning to "down under". And they are taking my cervix, which I get but don't get if you know what I mean. I have been doing a little more running around lately, maybe because we know we can't for awhile?? Can't stand the waiting around, it's enough to make a girl go whacko. I just went to the bookstore and read even more than online so I wouldn't have to buy the books, ya know too many medical bills now. One thing I read is to take hand sanitizer to the hospital with you for everyone to use!! Great idea, hadn't thought of that one. I am bringing little gifts for the nurses, trust me I spent under a dollar. I know they work hard and I want happy nurses I'm quite nervous but also calm at the same time, I know weird, I am reading everything known to man or should I say woman. It's my body & I want to know what the heck they are gonna do and any other way I can be informed. I bought a nightgown yesterday, thought it would be more comfy than bottoms right away. well, I'm rambling on...pray and ask for prayer, it will help. Be well ~~jenny
Unread 09-02-2007, 09:18 PM

I know all about the stuff that is going "down under". That was part of my problem all weekend. I thought that the prolapse was getting worse. My dh suggested we moved the surgery date up to this wednesday but we have him all worked out for time off from work next week. I don't want him to loose his job if you know what I mean. Companies now a days are not "loyal" to their employees.

They will be repairing the other organs as well when they do mine. Prolapse really stinks and is painful. My Nurse practioner had them change it from tvh to lavh or lah (?) due to endotromisos history.

I know the feeling. My dh says I won't be in the bed or couch for the entire 6 weeks. He's under the "influence of male hormonoes and ignorance" that I will be back to almost normal by week 3. Okay, what happen to that understanding man I married. Who kidnapped and killed him? I am sure you all can relate.

Even tonight as I type this, I am in much pain. I pray in the morning I can get up before everyone else. I really need some time to reflect and be "alone". I figure out my feelings by that time. I guess the running is a way of calming us down. Why doesn't the medical community talk more about these issues. They affect more than the woman herself. They affect the entire family.

Okay, I am having one issue in the pre-op ready list. NO toe nail polish. I don't think I can bare to take mine off. Even my dr wants us ladies to look "nice" even in the midst of a bad time. I am going to address this with him during the pre-op visit next monday. i have some really weird looking toes. so, the toe nail polish covers up imperfections.

I think I will bake snickerdoodle cookies the day before as gift(s). I work as a substitute teacher and mother's morning out teacher. I haven't gone to work yet this year.

You aren't jinxed by the date. Oh don't feel bad, I will probably be up high on the surgerical unit. Planning on bringing my ishuffle cause I can't stand to sit and wait w/o some sort of entertainment.
Unread 09-02-2007, 09:33 PM

My pre-op instructions just said that the nail polish had to be off of one toe. When I asked why, I was told they need to check circulation, so only need 1 bare nail to see!

Best of luck! Honestly, the lack of the pelvic weight/pressure is SO freeing afterwards, it's surprising!
Unread 09-02-2007, 09:52 PM

I went for my pre-op and didn't get any instructions for the hospital. I go to the hospital the day before for blood work, and ??? I think they should have given me instructions to look over without it being the day before. I'm probably gonna call my dr next week to ask a few questions, even if it's just to the secretary. I have read somewhere about no nothing (on your body) , it was in a book in the bookstore, it said go nekkid!! No joke. No nothing, just like you came into the world.
"He's under the "influence of male hormonoes and ignorance" Isn't that the truth?? Mine is acting like no biggie, has no questions, nothing, like I'm not even here, is this how he copes? I'm a little bugged at mine right now. Sorry, ladies if you have one that's very compasionate, you are very lucky. Yeah, prolapse stinks, I really think that young women should be told about this stuff. No one told me anything ever, and now I know lifting is a big deal. I have always done stuff for myself , not bugging my family to lift this, lift that and I mow lawns, do anything I can and now I hear I shouldn't have lifted so much in my life. Maybe this is a new book in progress!! I really am sorry ... just venting here. It's so hard to do this without much support. Absolutely Thank God for this site. My doctor said when it hurts to put your feet up so maybe you will feel better tomorrow. take care and thanks for listening.......jenny TVH & fixing some stuff from prolapse
Unread 09-03-2007, 11:12 AM

Its good to hear that I leave two of my more presentable toes exposed "naked" then.

I hear yeah on the instructions. I still haven't heard anything from mine about where to "report" for the pre-op. I can't wait for the weigh in though. Hehehehe...I'm still lighter than my dh.

My dh use to be really compassionate. Lately due to work stress he's been a different person. He had this bad attitude. Then the nurse practioner had a talk with us and his been better. Not the man I marreid but better.
Unread 09-03-2007, 02:42 PM

I just have some old clear stuff on my toys but I will take it off like a good girl. My nails on my hands have gotten long and nailpolish would help them to look better and stay stronger but I'm not gonna put it on to take it off plus one or more will probably break this week. Even though I hurt I have to clean my house and pack ...how exciting, huh! My "h" used to be better too, I wish someone would have said something to him at the doctors office, he has no right to make this harder than it is. I almost want to drive myself there. And yes, not the man I married either, I'm sure I've changed too but I would never make someone feel uncomfortable in a doctors appt. at a pre-op. Oh well, hopefully it will get better. So what are you bringing with you for your vacation....
sewingsister/jenny
TVH & fixing some stuff from prolapse
Unread 09-04-2007, 03:59 PM

Not sure yet what I am bringing. I know that I will have to have my own pads. Can't stand the hospitals. I know I will need a nightgown. I was hoping for a new one sort sassy but laid back if that makes any sesne at all. If I gonna have this done. I am going to do this with some grace and champion spirit. I know I will be bringing snickerdoodle cookies for the staff. If my family doesn't eat them first. I know I will want one smoothing king brought in unless the cafeteria staff can make something similar. I will worry about that Monday and Tuesday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register