Sex... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-14-2007, 10:27 AM
Sex...

Well, I have been looking through the different boards and reading about all the ladies with sex related problems after surgery. This has me very concerned as DH and I are empty nesters and have been having a good time. Does everyone have these problems or have some of you returned to the way you were. Thanks to all for being a part of this site.
Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Sex...

Siamese_Lover,

I know that everyone is different, but in my case I feel it has gotten even better

A little dry the first time but some K-Y took care of that and since I have started on prempro even that has been better.

and good luck to you
Unread 10-14-2007, 12:28 PM
Sex...

Sandy,
Thanks for a positive report. I think I will focus on that. Hope your recovery is going well.
Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Sex...

For me it goet beter after surgery. no more pain, no more bleeding and a whole lot nicer LOL .
hugs
Lisa
Unread 10-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Sex...

Nancy -

I enjoy sex more now then before as I am not having to deal with excruciating uterine cramps and bleeding down my legs for 9 days at a time. Yes, there are some ladies who have suffered complications from surgery (such as nerve damage, etc) that have affected their sex life. But outside of actual complications I believe that if your love life was great before it will be great after. Just remember to allow yourself ample time to recover completely before jumping back into action. This will give you and hubby time to rediscover the intamacy that sometimes gets lost along the way. All the best to you...
Unread 10-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Sex...

If you ask this question, you're likely to get answers like, "It's better than ever" to "My sex life is ruined forever" -- and everything in between. There's no way to predict which group you'll be in, either.

As for me -- I don't honestly remember how it was at first. Honestly - all I wanted to do was heal. (And I had kind of a tough time.) DH and I waited until about the 7-8 week mark, even though I was cleared for sex at my 5-1/2 week checkup. The key is that, even if the doctor says it's OK to try, that doesn't mean it's time to try -- unless *you're* ready, too.

Even though I kept my ovaries and I know they're working, I seem to have continued issues with vaginal dryness and lubrication. And my sex drive is different. It's not better or worse, really -- but I don't get that "tingling" feeling that tells me that I want to get intimate with my DH anymore. I respond just fine when we do have intercourse but I don't "think about it" as much. And I miss that aspect.

Anyhow, that's my take on the situation. It's important to know that it's possible that you'll have either short-term or long-term sexual complications after this surgery. Most patients do very well, but there is a percentage of women who have problems. And if you happen to be in that group, the knowledge that you're in the minority doesn't mean a thing. The key is that if you know you're doing this to regain your physical health, you're much better able to deal with any difficulties that might arise after the surgery.

If you have doubts about the surgery itself, however -- it may be in your best interest to keep researching alternatives to hysterectomy. It's a major surgery and it can't be undone.

All my best to you. Hope this helps.
Unread 10-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Sex

HI,

I am still in recovery mode (it's a little over 2 weeks), and have not been cleared for "intercourse", so we played around with"outercourse" for a test. I also had an erotic dream less than one week post-op.....so with that I think everything will be great once I am fully recovered! I know, for me, that was one of my top concerns, so I understand your worry. But as others said, if it was good before, it will probably be good after.

Laura
Unread 10-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Sex...

The first year or so post -op for me sex was great. Now I have no interest in sex, no arousal, and a Fiance who doesn't understand. I end up letting he do what he wants because I feel bad always saying no. And just want to get it over with so I can cry and go to sleep.

I'm trying vitamins and supplements to help with this before seeing the gyn. I've heard bad things about testasterone I don't want to grow a beard!

It is different for everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register