Scheduled TAH New here, just scheduled surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New here, just scheduled surgery New here, just scheduled surgery

Unread 02-24-2010, 10:03 AM
New here, just scheduled surgery

I just got home from my endometrial biopsy (which was totally pain less might I add! /whew) and have just scheduled my hyster for 10 March. My uterus is very large, dr said about 16 week size for a pg. Multiple large fibroids near baseball size and a handful of smaller ones are my issue. They cause me heavy bleeding, migraines and have made me anemic. I've been flipping back and forth regarding my decision, was it right etc but my doc thinks that even if I try something else such as ablation, that I'd be back in to remove my uterus within 5 years anyway. SO I opted to just go for the sure thing.

Anyone else out there in the UK, more specifically stationed at RAF Mildenhall or RAF Lakenheath with the US Air Force?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Re: New here, just scheduled surgery

Hey Minnesota, I'm not in the UK now but I spent five years there in the 90's. We are currently at Shaw. I had my son at the Lakenheath hospital. I'm scheduled for April 13 for a TVH. I did try the ablation, and it seemed to work great. I went in for a post-op and the doctor said that during the procedure they removed a polyp. It turned out to have atypical cells, so now I get to do the hysterectomy anyway. Glad they found it though, as it could turn cancerous and I would have never known it's there!

Anyway, best wishes to you on your procedure. How do you like the U.K.? I hated it for the first year, but it grew on me! Melissa
Unread 02-24-2010, 12:41 PM

Hey Melissa! Yeah the ablation procedure looks nice but the dr is fairly certain with my age (36) that I'll encounter fibroid issues again before menopause. Blah!

Personally .. I hate it here. But then again I've been here 3 years with 2.5 of those being so sick from my undiagnosed anemia. We're down to about 8 mos left here. Looking forward to the USA again. It's a different way of life here and I'm a city girl hehe. We're hoping for Luke AFB next =)

Best of luck with your TVH!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2010, 03:02 PM

Sorry you've had a bad time in England. We were at Luke too. It wasn't too bad. Time should go quickly until you leave. Good luck, Melissa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register