Tuesday for me....my nerves are raw! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tuesday for me....my nerves are raw! Tuesday for me....my nerves are raw!

Unread 06-16-2002, 01:57 PM
Tuesday for me....my nerves are raw!

Hello everyone- I have not been on here in awhile. Kids are now home for the summer, we're getting ready to build a new house and we have a new black lab puppy, Madison. Don't you think I'd have enough to keep my mind off the surgery Tuesday? Nope- my nerves are crazy. I really didn't think I'd be this way. I had my pre-op with my doctor last Tuesday. At first they were saying it was going to be a LAVH, but he said it will only be a TVH. He did say that however, I could wake up and have had a TAH, because if I started to bleed he'd have to get in there very quickly and going through the vagina doesn't give him a lot of room. Did this happen to anyone out there? One good thing is that on the 7th I had a couple of cysts removed on my lower leg and on my back and my doctor said he'd just take the stitches out while I'm under...I thought that was cool. I've never had stitches before, well except 2 or 3 when my first daughter was born, but other then that I was being a huge baby about getting them out. I also asked him about the position I will be in during the surgery, I've heard of sore backs and my mom had a lot of bruising, he said that my legs will be in those big molded stir-ups. Which I pretty much figured out on my own, but still had to ask! I also have to do an enema the night before which I have NEVER done and am not looking forward to! Also some special kind of douche....yuck! I've never done that either. Did anyone else have the pleasure of doing those things? I tell you that was the most embarrassing trip to the grocery store!
Well, I guess I've rambled enough. I am first up on Tuesday morning. The hospital still hasn't called with the exact time or any instructions! Oh also, did anyone of you smoke before your surgery? I have been trying to quit and right now its just a really hard time to try. I know I am at more of a risk for blood clots. I need all the advice I can get! Thanks so much everyone!

~Jodie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2002, 06:17 PM

Hi Jodie,

Glad you posted your questions. I'll let you know what I experienced as best I can.

Yes, I had to do an enema - actually two - the night before my surgery. I said I knew my DH really loved me when he did that for me!

I'm not a smoker - so can't help you there. But, you might call the doctor's office and ask if he has any restrictions on that.

Because I had endo and cysts, etc - I was scheduled from the beginning for a TAH. I have read that they can see the are better when you are opened up - but maybe you'll hear from someone who went in with the same expectations as you.

Just wanted to tell you good luck and best wishes! Come join us in chat - for real time support and help!
Unread 06-16-2002, 06:44 PM
Jodie

Hun take a big breath in...hold......now slowly let it out......... now once more............. Ok Hun it is normal to feel as you do at this time. Beofre my Hyst I was a mental wreck, I cam through fine. I had a LAVH/RSO and bladder repair 0 months ago. I can say that having the LAVH for me was brilliant way and thank god I don't BUT if I had to have another Hyst and had a choice of ways I would choose that way again.
Yes I have to say there was a bit of backache the second and third day but as the nurse explained to me the positions they have to put you in while under, it is not surpriseing that you have abit of discomfort afterward.
Buy a heat pad for when you come home, they gave me them in the castle and oh they are wonderful.
Bruising If you can get some Homeopathis Arnica tablets 1 m dosage, that will certainly help. My Homeopath gave me a bottle for after my hyst. Arnica is brilliant for shock, bruising swelling and bleeding.
With ny vaginal hyst there is alot less chance of visable bruising.
All the very best and please keep in touch and let me know how you go. Hugs Vicki aka smilie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2002, 06:46 PM
Brain fog lol

Gees my brain is not functioning today LMAO> I am 9 not 0 months post Lol. Please excuse the spelling mistakes. One of those days hugs smilie
Unread 06-16-2002, 06:54 PM
Smoking

Hi Jodie,
I to smoke and have been trying to quit for several months now..I know it will better for me if I quit..for surgery and general overall health..but I agree, It is a really stressful time..but I know I can do it!! I have one week for tomorrow to quit!! Let me know what your DR says, if you ask. k?
TAH/BSO June 24, first on up and DR will just be getting off vacation!!:smokin:
Carletta
Unread 06-17-2002, 10:22 PM

Hi Jodie,

Just wanted to wish you luck on your day. I am a Jodi too and am also scheduled for the same day. I will be thinking about you ( at least until the fun begins) and will be here when we get to the other side.

Love,
Jodi
Unread 06-17-2002, 11:41 PM

Will have you in my thoughts and prayers today! I was going to add thoughts on some subjects you brought up but they weren't that important anyways and besides... you probaby wouldn't read my post before the surgery! So just hoping all goes well and when you are feeling up to it- please let us know how you are doing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register