Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Oct 23, 2016 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Oct 23, 2016 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Oct 23, 2016

Unread 10-23-2016, 08:11 PM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Oct 23, 2016

I'm Sue, scheduled for TVH on Tuesday. Fear of the anesthesia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2016, 08:15 PM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Oct 23, 2016

Well night y'all. Got to get up early early, take another shower with that hex stuff and be at the hospital by 530. The anesthesiologist called this evening and asked if I had questions. I told him my nerves are on edge. He will be giving me something first thing when I get there. He assured me I was in great hands and that this is a must have surgery. He chuckled and said you wrote your address down, don't make us come get you.

How did he know! Lol.
Unread 10-23-2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana.Johnson View Post
He chuckled and said you wrote your address down, don't make us come get you.

How did he know! Lol.
LOL that's awesome
Unread 10-23-2016, 09:21 PM

I'm 45 years old. On the 26th I'm having a tlh. This is my first surgery ever. A little nervous.
Unread 10-23-2016, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddrabek View Post
I'm 45 years old. On the 26th I'm having a tlh. This is my first surgery ever. A little nervous.
You've got this!
Unread 10-23-2016, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richnsueaz2 View Post
I'm Sue, scheduled for TVH on Tuesday. Fear of the anesthesia.
Hi. I'm Diana. I'm having a TLH on the 26th. From what I understand it's like you close your eyes then open them and you are done.
Unread 10-23-2016, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddrabek View Post
Hi. I'm Diana. I'm having a TLH on the 26th. From what I understand it's like you close your eyes then open them and you are done.
Hey ladies, I have had several surgeries, tonsils, gallbladder and other odd things. My advice is do not fight going to sleep. Just go with it. If you fight it, if feels odd and uncomfortable. Just breathe the stuff in deep and the faster you will go to sleep. It's ok - you can do it. Also like others may have said earlier in the thread, tell the anesthesiologist you are nervous and they can give you something to ease that. Next thing you know you will wake up in recovery and ALL DONE!
Unread 10-23-2016, 10:59 PM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread Oct 23-Oct 29,2016

Our time today has come to an end - our Pre-Op Open House Chat Thread is now closed. Thank you to all our members who attended as we support one another - women helping women.

The staff of HysterSisters is sending you hugs for the best outcome for your hysterectomy.

As you wait for your scheduled surgery, if you have more questions, please start a new thread discussion here in Pre-op hysterectomy forum area.

Then, after your surgery, there will be a specially created thread for our members who have surgery this week. Look for it in the Post-op Hysterectomy Recovery forum - specifically the Hysterectomy Recover Reports forum with dates matching your surgery date. You will find your surgery sisters there.

Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register