Hey 4/23 liw | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-12-2002, 06:12 AM
Hey 4/23 liw

we are down to 11 days .......and oh isnt time just flying by.....

Bought my enema, magazines, and hospital supplies yesterday. Figured I better do it this week while I still had my witts about me.
Wrote notes to the school, phone numbers for the neighbors, washed my favorite blankets, and started packing my hospital bag.

Taking it day to day.

How are all of you doing????

Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 07:12 AM
Hey 4/23 liw

Hey there sister Cindy! I am also 4/23 and doing fine so far. I haven't done a thing to get ready yet. My pre-op is the 17th, have my list of questions ready for doc. I haven't packed my bag, washed my favorite blankets or anything. I will be taking this weekend off from chores to relax. Next week, I will begin washing sheets, blankets and hoefully pack for my castle stay. The 19th I pick up a friend from the airport (5 hrs of driving total), then on the 20th, I am going to a friends b-day party, then on the 21st I am hosting a baby shower for another friend. Phew! I think I will be busy. I don't feel too nervous right now. Looking forward to getting this over and done with and feeling pain free (I hope).

Nice to see you have your stuff started. I'll get my stuff done eventually.

s

Amy
Unread 04-12-2002, 08:21 AM
Hey 4/23 liw

Hello,

Have 10 more days one ahead of you guys, close enough. I went out last nite and bought myself an overnite bag, my dh laughed said it looked like the Mary Poppins bag. Hey it's cool, all our other suitcases are huge, or my other bags are to small, this is perfect, through my books and magazines in there, I know I probably won't read them.

Anyways I can start throwing some stuff in there, have to go out and get some new undies yet, getting there.

Took off Tues. it is my pre-op day, and my dh and I are going grocery shopping for a couple of weeks worth of food. Really don't have to worry about anything he does alot of cooking, his helper (me) just won't be helping the first week.

archide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 09:56 AM
4/23 NOT SOON ENOUGH

Hello ladies, I am 4/23 also. My wait has been horrendous this week as I have come down with a cold. I did go to the doctor's yesterday and don't have any infection. He did give me a presc. in case I start coughing up discoloured things. Because of this my energy level is nil. I have been trying to rest and get rid of this before my pre-op on Tuesday. I am petrified that they will cancel. Could not wait another 6 weeks!

I did buy some new pj's and a robe but other than that I haven't started to get ready. I am saving that for next week when I need to be busy to keep me from becoming a total basket case.

11 more days!!!!
Unread 04-12-2002, 10:44 AM
I'm terrified and haven't gotten anything ready yet!

I'm trying desperately not to think about it at all! I took this week off of work, thinking I'd get my house in order before my mom comes out to stay with us, but I've hardly done a thing, other than pick up the landmines in the backyard. I go for my pre-op on the 18th and my biggest question will be whether or not they'll be giving me any extra drugs after they finish my bladder repair, which I have to be conscious for. I've read several threads on spinal vs general and my fears have not been lessened a bit. Plus I seem to have a yeast infection!! Not sure where that came from but it's just adding to the stress. I'm having odd pains, my face is breaking out, I think I may be having a period soon. I'm a mess!! In some ways the 23rd can't come soon enough, I just want it over with. Oh yeah, and my husband tells me yesterday that we're going to be attending a gala on June 7th for this big deal he's just finalizing and at some point I'm going to have to go out and buy an evening gown! Can life get any better than this?
Unread 04-12-2002, 10:50 AM
Hey 4/23 liw

Add me to the list God willing that it isn't cancled cuz I may just lose my mind if it does... that would make the second time. I am scheduled for the 23rd at 7:30 AM. The day before I have to do the go litely thing UGH. so far all I have done to prepare is buy a new robe and some comfy jammies for when I come home.. I'll probably stick to the hospital johnny since I'm only going to be there 2 days.. I hope... I'm having a TAH/BSO and my umblical hernia fixed (had three sections... the last one was vertical )
I am making lists though.... food for the rest of the crew, food for me, lots of water and cran juice... also have cran capsules. Will do laundry like sheets just before I leave and gave everyone strict instructions to keep the dog off the bed... He is the one who gave me my ear infection... he also has one.. don't laugh I asked primary and he said it is possible. I've just finished a second round of antibotics... cipro this time so the darn thing better be ok... I already had my pre op physical with primary and he said it looked fine... wish it felt fine... it still hurts... thurs. of next week I go to the hospital for a pre op with anes. and more blood work.
I think I am pretty much over the oh my god what if I die thing... having come to my senses.... but I still pray everyday that I grow old with dh and have grandkids one day.
what time is everyone else going in???
kara
Unread 04-12-2002, 10:54 AM
Hey 4/23 liw

just read your response debbie, I have a graduation and party on June 1 and am finding that stressful enough I can't imagine buying gown but its something to look forward to right...
Bonnie, I hope you are feeling better.. drink lots of juice and how about my vit C?
anyone know of any good books to read.... something light and easy....
ok..enough nervous chatter from me....
Unread 04-12-2002, 12:56 PM
girls

Are we a group or what......just think we shall all be over at the post op board together....oh yeah:0

Debeagle....I call the poop piles land mines also....we have a golden so they are huge.....lol

Bonnie I am praying for you to be well, what a bummer

Karah.....hoping and praying your ear mends..... and by the way did you know dogs canalso spred strep.....how about that. Found out last year when my son had it 6 times. Doc told me to keep the dog out of his bed as she may be a carrier.

Well I am back to work, lets try and relax this weekend as we surely wont next......

hugs
Cindy
Unread 04-13-2002, 01:34 PM
just another quick note

wanted to keep us all in touch.....10 more days..... I am having a relatively calm day. The rain has stopped finally and I am going to have a nice walk. Trying to walk a mile a day or more to get into a little better shape before the castle trip. Hemmed the new comfy pants I bought, being short is such a pain. My hubby said I looked nice, I started to cry. I told him its not like I am buying clothes for vacation.....whaaaaaaaa!!!! I dont wanna go.....waaaaaaaa! ok.....nuff said.

Keep in touch girls....we have the last mountain to climb, lets do it together.....

cindy
Unread 04-13-2002, 03:32 PM
HI 23rd sisters!

I wish it was this Tuesday instead of next!
OHHHH the waiting is torture!!!!!!

I just got back from the store where I bought two new nighties and some panties. I have cleaned the house thoroughly and just have to touch it up til I go in. I have a few days of soft diet then clear liquids Sunday and Monday and that Go-Litely stuff to consume! ARGH!

I have duct taped my razor to an old ruler for an extension to reach my legs while shaving afterward. I have lots of quick fix dinners that I have prepared and frozen over the past few weeks.

I took way too much stuff last time so I am packing light this go-round. I WILL take my own pillow! A MUST!
And my make-up! I felt like a hag without it last time.

I have so much to do... I have taken this Friday off to gather my thoughts and get the rest of my things together and go grocery shopping. My lab work will be Monday morning. No pre-op doc visit this time. Be sure not to eat or drink ANYTHING after midnight! My surgery is scheduled for 10:30 AM- I hope that I get bumped to an earlier time!
Have a great week ladies!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register