My Date is Tuesday, 1/8/02 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Date is Tuesday, 1/8/02 My Date is Tuesday, 1/8/02

Unread 01-03-2002, 12:37 PM
My Date is Tuesday, 1/8/02

Well the date is getting here faster than I thought, I had my preop testing done Monday. I just got a call from my doctor's office telling me to see my regular physician this evening because my EKG was abnormal. All my other tests were fine, even my blood pressure and pulse. I'm wondering if it was due to the fact that the technician had trouble with the wires slipping off my legs. Even though I'm nervous about it, I do want to get it over with. Last night my back hurt so bad and I was all crampy, I was like you are going to give me one last bad bout before it's all over huh? ;-> I hope they don't postpone my surgery. I'm all set to get it over with.

I posted earlier about problems I was having with my mom, and having second thoughts about staying there for a couple weeks to recover. She wants me to stay there, but is still acting crazy and I would rather be at home in peace, but am concerned about being able to do so alone. My daughter is 10 and will be in school most of the day, I have a couple of friends who said they would stop by.

So it's five more days to the castle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2002, 01:16 PM

Keep us posted about that EKG. Hopefully, it was just some little glitch with the equipment. That's a good thing your BP & pulse were normal. I wouldn't worry too much - don't wanna increase the BP & pulse.

Take care & I'll keep you in my that you have an uneventful stay at the castle and speedy recovery.
Unread 01-03-2002, 01:47 PM
Jan 8th also

Hope all comes back ok with the EKG.

Nice to have yet another wonderful friend to compare
notes with
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2002, 03:16 PM

Noni,
Please keep us posted as to what your doctor says this evening regarding your EKG. Sending you good wishes that everything will turn out fine and the surgery will go as planned. It should be comforting to know that the doctors are on top of everything. If they would happen to postpone keep in mind it's for YOUR benefit and well-being. They want to take good care of you.
Unread 01-04-2002, 04:59 PM
Jan. 8th as well!

Noni and Charity,
it is really nice to know that other women will be sharing this expereince the same day as I am.
There is great comfort having this site...I feel so much better after I read the various posts...even though some are a bit scary...they are all so relevant.
I was out shopping today, picking up some items that I thought may make my stay at the castle a bit more comfortable...and as i was placing the items in the basket, I felt this wave of anxiety...it suddenly hit me, that this surgery was in fact going to happen...it was a bit unnerving.
I have to have a bowel prep, which means that I can only have liquids on Sunday, and only clear liquids on Monday...so I will be a hungry little by the time I reach the OR.
I hope we can keep in touch until Tuesday....take care

Derwood (Carla)

TAH/BSO severe adhesions to bowel and bladder
Unread 01-05-2002, 05:56 AM

Noni, Charity and Derwood -

I too am going to the castle on Tuesday. My pre-admission testing is on Monday at 1:00 (the hospital forgot to schedule me). Hopefully all my testing goes alright since they have given me less than 24 hours between.

I stock my freezer with frozen foods last night and will be running around like a crazy woman between now and then. It's just me and my 2 boys - good thing they like frozen pizza and hot dogs. I just hope they don't burn my house down trying to "cook".

Good luck to you guys and I will be thinking about you on Tuesday.

MaryBeth
Unread 01-05-2002, 07:08 PM
Going to Castle 1/8/02

Well Ladies, thanks for all the encouragement!!! It was as my primary doctor suspected the technician that did my EKG didn't put the wires on correctly and he had me go back to the hospital the very next day and be retested. The results were that I'm o.k., my EKG came out fine. So he called my Gyne (which happens to be his cousin) to report and it's a go for Tuesday.

Molea good luck with your tests Monday. At least all your fasting will be one day! ;->

I still think it may be better for me to come home, even though I will have to battle the stairs to the third floor, but once I get here I think it will be o.k. Haven't resolved problems with my mom, thought I did, but she's angry with me again, why I do not know, I think she is having some personal issues, but right now I am too, so I think it is best for me to come to my own home and place of solitude. It may be hard to maneuver while my daughter is at school, but hopefully some friends and my brother will drop in and help me out from time to time.

Today I'm not as nervous as I have been. I just say a prayer that I will be fine, suffer no pain and completely recover. And I will say the same prayer for all my hystersisters that are traveling the same yellow brick road to the castle.

Boy I have a lot of company, there are 18 of us going on our adventure the same day!!!!! My surgery is scheduled for 8:00 a.m., but it is a comfort to know that I have other sisters going the same day and possibly the same time!

This site and you ladies have been a great source of comfort and strength to me and with the advice and knowledge that I've gotten since I found this wonderful site I think has helped me tremendously to relax a little the closer it gets. Now Tues. morning it may be a different story!!! ;-> But I truly am feeling a little more relaxed, especially after all the stress I been going through with waiting for the surgery and with mom acting so strangely. Again, mucho thanks!!!!! Love you all.
Unread 01-05-2002, 07:49 PM

That must be a big relief that your EKG is normal after all. I'm so glad for you. Thanks for the update.

As for all you LIW, my go up for you as you head to the castle. You will soon become s. Please come back and let us know how everything went as soon as you feel up to it.
Unread 01-06-2002, 03:32 PM

Noni,
So glad to hear that the test was fine..you certainly do not need any thing extra on your plate...hope things go o.k. with your Mom...it is always interesting to see how people react when they are stressed...and often it is not helpful...perhaps your Mom is worried about you as well, and if she is not someone who shares her feelings directly, that worry or concern many show itself it an agitated way...my Mother displays this behavior at the most inconvenient times...most times I understand it, but when my emotional energy is depleted, I just don't have the reserve to deal with it...as now, you don't have the energy to sift through you Mom's "stuff", as you must safe your energy for your healing.

I am thinking of all the that are going on the 8th, and am comforted by our sharing.
Love and prayers

Derwood

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register