Any Other Slow Healing LSHer's? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any Other Slow Healing LSHer's? Any Other Slow Healing LSHer's?

Unread 07-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Any Other Slow Healing LSHer's?

It also took me quite awhile to recover from LSH. I'm coming up on 3 months post-op this week and there are still times when I sit down in the afternoon and could easily fall asleep. I find on do better on days when I am able to get outside and take a nice brisk walk. I don't have much soreness anymore unless I am on my feet all day.

Take care and rest, there's no better time to recover than now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2007, 02:28 PM

aplacidlife,
Thanks for the post. I expect the tiredness as just about everyone posts about that, heck I was that way prior to my surgery! The extreme soreness is what I feel is not normal. Oh well, I just had to be different I guess. This morning I was thinking about some of the women I work with and how they think I am a strong women. They sure would be surprised to see me whining here
Debbie
Unread 07-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Whining

I'm sure everyone I know is tired of hearing me whine! 6 weeks is a long time! I do hope my doctor is right that I will feel much better by my 6-week mark, July 16!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2007, 10:32 PM

Everything I read pre-op said to give 6 weeks plus to recovery--even for an LSH. Tuesday will be 3 weeks, and I still have some areas of discomfort--especially at the belly button! Tylenol helps--with motrin at times for the muscle wearies.

I really think we need to look at what caused that $#@! hysterectomy in the first place--all the pain, bleeding, enlarged uterus, fibroids, etc., etc. that got us to an LSH. Bodies need time to heal from everything, and we should--PLEASE--not think of this as a race.

(That kind of comparison stuff reminds me of the old "cesarean" vs. "real" childbirth myth.)

I'm so glad I found this thread ...I was beginning to feel like the only LSH out there--for fibroids, not CA. Thank the goddess.
Unread 07-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Haha

The only good thing about "comparing" is seeing that there is true differences in recovery. Even the same type of surgery!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Redhead
Everything I read pre-op said to give 6 weeks plus to recovery--even for an LSH. Tuesday will be 3 weeks, and I still have some areas of discomfort--especially at the belly button! Tylenol helps--with motrin at times for the muscle wearies.

I really think we need to look at what caused that $#@! hysterectomy in the first place--all the pain, bleeding, enlarged uterus, fibroids, etc., etc. that got us to an LSH. Bodies need time to heal from everything, and we should--PLEASE--not think of this as a race.

(That kind of comparison stuff reminds me of the old "cesarean" vs. "real" childbirth myth.)

I'm so glad I found this thread ...I was beginning to feel like the only LSH out there--for fibroids, not CA. Thank the goddess.
Unread 07-09-2007, 04:52 AM

Hi, I am 12 weeks post op and still having pain across my stomach and on the right hand side. My consultant has signed me off for another 4 weeks. She advised that my TAH was not standard as I had alot of endro that they had to cut away especially from my bowel. I feel so drained at the moment and everything is on the go slow. I feel so stupid and such a failure for not recovering earlier. Your definately not on your own.
Unread 07-09-2007, 05:03 AM

Debbie -
Clearly, you're not alone, but when I read your post, I felt like I could've been reading my own. I had my LSH on 4/19 (six weeks after your's) and I am still going through the symptoms you're describing. Bowel and hip pain is my main problem now. I am finally getting to the point where I can walk around a couple of blocks at a respectable pace. But I'm nowhere close to where I was before.
As you can see, lots of us are not quick healers. I think the doctor community needs to shift their projected healing times. I love my r, but I feel like I got duped in the "recovery time" department.
hang in there.

Leigh
Unread 07-09-2007, 04:28 PM

Thanks to everyone for the comments and prayers. I don't know if this is like when you take your car in because it is making a funny noise and stops doing it at the repair shop but.....I woke up yesterday and the kicked in the gut feeling was gone, yes gone. ... the morning after I started this thread!!
I didn't post until today to make sure it was for real. I feel so much better now, I really could feel the decrease in stress with that pain gone. So it is looking like I will return to work next Tues, but I will try not to lift as I am still spotting.
I hope it doesn't sound like I am gloating , I just thought you ladies would like to know.
I hope all of you who have read this post will continue to have a positive and quick recovery
Debbie.
Unread 07-09-2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskie1
Thanks to everyone for the comments and prayers. I don't know if this is like when you take your car in because it is making a funny noise and stops doing it at the repair shop but.....I woke up yesterday and the kicked in the gut feeling was gone, yes gone. ... the morning after I started this thread!!
I didn't post until today to make sure it was for real. I feel so much better now, I really could feel the decrease in stress with that pain gone. So it is looking like I will return to work next Tues, but I will try not to lift as I am still spotting.
I hope it doesn't sound like I am gloating , I just thought you ladies would like to know.
I hope all of you who have read this post will continue to have a positive and quick recovery
Debbie.
I am so happy for you!!
Unread 07-09-2007, 08:20 PM

Sweetie, I was not in no pain after one week and back to work at 2. Although, I sure thought I would be. That is frusterating isn't it??? Please know that your dr. is right. Every patient does heal on her own timeframe. And slower doesn't mean you are in worse shape or that something is wrong with you. It just means your body needs more time. You will get through this. Just keep taking your time, listening to your body and remember to

As you can see I am almost one year from my LSH and I couldn't be happier. This past year has been amazing! I don't have any regrets! Best of luck to you on your recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register