Tired and in pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tired and in pain Tired and in pain

Unread 01-24-2016, 02:49 PM
Tired and in pain

Hi there. I'm going in for a TLH on 2/2 (fibroids and masses), and I've noticed that I am barely able to make it through the day without feeling completely exhausted. I'm 38, no kids, only me and the hubs at home sharing cooking and cleaning duties, and normally I can handle an active day without being worn out. However, for the past week, I can't get through the day without really wanting a nap (and I am not a nap person). Does/has this happened to anyone else?

Also, I'm a lot more aware of a dull ache in my back and pelvic areas, which is also affecting bowel movements (joy of joys). I"m also feeling super bloated, so being at work and wearing dress clothes is almost torture....is this normal?

I should maybe point out that at this point, I'm not nervous about the surgery at all. My DH will be there with me, and has taken off three weeks of work to help out. I'm very blessed to have him. My point is, I don't think that nervousness over the surgery is causing these physical symptoms.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2016, 03:31 PM
Tired and in pain

I also had fibroids and Heavy bleeding, that would last up to 15 days, then a week off then it would start all over again. I also had severe anemia. On my hour lunch I would take a 30 minute nap. That would help for about an hour. By the time I got home I had no energy to do anything. My kids are grown, with one living on her own so there was no rush to get dinner. And my hubby helped out as much as he could. I can tell you that since my surgery, I feel like a new person. And my husband and I are doing all the things we could not do prior to my surgery. We are never home. Lol there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Unread 01-24-2016, 07:46 PM
Re: Tired and in pain

Have you had blood work done? You may be anemic. I know that am and have been super tried after work. I am taking iron right now to help. But like you I am having bowel problems also and the iron is not helping the situation any. Also I notice my back pain in the afternoons and I can't wait to get home so I can lay down. I really hope the hysterectomy helps both of those issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2016, 10:15 AM
Tired and in pain

I also had fibroids, which were causing bloating and bowel issues in the weeks leading up to my surgery. I have a chronic condition, which predisposes me to bloating issues, and having a 22-week uterus pressing on my stomach wasn't helping much; also, the uterus sits directly in front of the rectum, so a fibroid in the back could cause bowel issues. Kittensmmh, if your iron pills are contributing to your bowel issues, peppermint tea can help with that. And remember, in a week or two, this will all be over! Best wishes to both of you!
Unread 01-25-2016, 06:47 PM
Re: Tired and in pain

Hi and welcome Lilibug,

I completely had very similar experiences. The fatigue and the fact I felt I was dragging around a bowling ball, led me to get a checkup. I had constant pressure on my bladder and lower back pain. I am not the type to like to go to the doctor, but enough was enough. I had an internal exam, and there was lots of eye rolling. 2 doctors later and after numerous tests, I found out I needed a hysterectomy. I was told I had huge fibroids that were twisted and a large pelvic mass - ugh!

While I wasn't looking forward to surgery per se, I was anxious to get rid of those alien beings!

Take good care of yourself in this week before your surgery...try to walk outdoors weather permitting (this week is cool in Florida for a change) eat healthy snacks and drink tons of water.

Hugs and best of luck on your upcoming surgery.
Unread 01-26-2016, 01:22 AM
Tired and in pain

I think it depends upon what is going on with your fibroids & masses. They still may be growing. It could be time around your cycle. It also could be a subconscious tiredness knowing that you will have surgery can have an effect on your brain.

You surgery is a week from now. If your body is telling you to take naps, then gladly take them. Get all the rest you need.

Wishing you a speedy recovery! 😊

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register