Celebrating my last period! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Celebrating my last period! Celebrating my last period!

Unread 05-01-2003, 09:57 AM
Celebrating my last period!

YEA! Had my pre-op yesterday and everything's ready to go. She said that we can probably do a TVH so my recovery will be quicker, YEA! I'm very excited to be done with this and am admittedly nervous and anxious but will be fine when it's all over with. She said I'll have to give myself an enema the night before and the morning of, is this difficult to do? Iv never had to do this and am not looking forward to it. But Iv decided to celebrate the end of these awful crampy weeks I have had to put up with over the years !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2003, 10:58 AM

WA Sister
When you go in, I will be coming home!!! About the enema- at my pre-op visit the Nurse showed me the box and pointed to the head down position!! We both to the point of tears as I pointed out that the drawing was male! she said sorry fresh out of female enema's After that day- the only stress I'm feeling is that head down position!(better lock the b.r door).
Best of luck - The countdown begins!!!
P.S Baked you this
Ding
Unread 05-01-2003, 07:19 PM

Hey! Hey! Nice to see you again. I've answered some of your past posts. You're almost there. I had an enema the night before and it wasn't hard to do myself and the results were easy to handle.
Good luck on your castle visit.
Pretty soon you'll be going through the store and see pads and get this silly grin on your face. You'll be finding pads everywhere around the home and be throwing them out. You're going to be celebrating for awhile yet. Enjoy!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2003, 07:26 PM

ENEMA??? Holy cow! Every Time I log on to his site, I get more disturbing news. I am glad for you of course, one period to go--yeehaw! I still have 2 more left if my calculations are correct. So do we all have to do the enema thing, or jut certian types of hysterectomys?

Thanks, good luck, and congrats, Julie
Unread 05-01-2003, 07:34 PM

Thanks for the posts, you have all been such a great comfort to me and helped me through the process of complete fear to the YIPPEE no more periods THANKS!

Everything Iv heard the enema is fairly common , not looking forward to that either but I suppose it's just part of the icky process to the end of this chapter.
Unread 05-01-2003, 07:36 PM

Thanks for the cake Ding! and for the hysterical laughter !!!!
Unread 05-01-2003, 07:55 PM

I too am having my last Period!!!! My sister asked me today if they have said anything to me about an enema, but she hasn't yet. I go back on Monday. Tomorrow is blood work.
I have the surgery on Wednesday!!! It is almost here.
My oldest son said tonight that he does'nt feel well. I think he is getting a cold, I hope nothing else. I am staying away from him, don't want to get sick!!! The waiting has been long, and I will be glad to be finished.
Lauire
Unread 05-01-2003, 10:05 PM

Hoping my last was last week! Had two two weeks apart! Geez, just made me more sure of my decision to go with this TAH. I saw the empty box of Super Super Tampons and empty box of pads and calculated how much I will save in the next year! This is great.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register