ZERO, NADA, ZIP feelings for intimacy ... feeling helpless | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Sexual Dysfunction After Hysterectomy

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ZERO, NADA, ZIP feelings for intimacy ... feeling helpless ZERO, NADA, ZIP feelings for intimacy ... feeling helpless

Unread 11-02-2014, 01:30 AM
ZERO, NADA, ZIP feelings for intimacy ... feeling helpless

Hello, I'd love to hear more about the coconut oil and valium suppository and/or other options... at this point I'll try anything and that scares me a little. I'm 10 months post Opp with everything removed. Had colon cancer and successful surgery to remove tumor and part of my colon August 2012, found out I have lynch syndrom so I had a full hysterectomy 12/24/13 since my family history and LS puts me at an extremely high risk. Finally started feeling better, somewhat "normal" around end of February. But my year was just begining, Ha! I slip in rain and break my elbow. Then a week into that I find out I had scabies and probably got it at the hospital. .. so needless to say it's been a heck of a two years! We got thru that hell of a few months and decided for my 40th bday we were going to get away, just the two of us... first time in 10 years! We had an amazing 12 day vacation in Hawaii, but it didn't go well sexually. Shortly before we left on vacation I started experiencing dryness during sex no matter how much lubricant we used... Have tried several. Water based usually work best but within minutes my insides feel dry no matter what. Now a few months later I'm noticing I never feel like having sex, even intimacy eludes me. We've gotten games, books, movies, you name it, tried "date" night. .. I honestly don't enjoy any of it, feel like I'm faking it and not doing such a good job at that either. I'm having a hard time processing all these changes and every time I think i got a handle on one another issue pops up. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I'm on 1.5 mg estradiol but I'd rather like to find some natural alternatives for these issues.
much appreciated!
~Yvonne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2014, 03:42 PM
Re: ZERO, NADA, ZIP feelings for intimacy...feeling helpless

If you are open to HRT then I would look at changing to something else. I was on a gel and although everything worked as far as symptoms go, I had no sex drive. I've just changed to another - evorel, and within 48 hours all I could think about was sex. Even filthy dreams!
Unread 12-28-2014, 11:49 AM

Have you discussed your concerns with your doctor? When I was experiencing vaginal dryness post-hysterectomy, I tried lubricants but they didn't really help. My doctor prescribed Vagifem for me, which is a vaginal estrogen tablet. It really worked! I find now that my systemic estrogen (Vivelle Dot 0.1) is enough estrogen for me and I no longer need the vaginal estrogen. For lack of sex drive, I was prescribed testosterone after my doctor tested my levels and found them to be low. Again, I now find that the testosterone isn't needed but it worked well for me when I did need it.

I hope your doctor will help you. If not, don't give up! Find another doctor who is willing and able to help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2015, 09:19 PM

Thanks sisters! I appreciate your feedback. I am working with the doctors to try and find the right combo for me.
Unread 09-25-2018, 04:46 PM

I had my hysterectomy, removed uterus and cervix, 14 years ago. Still no sex drive and cannot have any pleasure or orgasm still. We tried HRT and testosterone and still nothing. I still believe it is from either removing the cervix or some type of nerve damage during surgery.
Unread 10-08-2018, 11:42 AM

I agree that the cervix is key. The nerves go straight into there.
Unread 09-22-2020, 05:34 PM
Re: ZERO, NADA, ZIP feelings for intimacy ... feeling helpless

Try Luvena lubricant. It is expensive ($5) per dose but it work better than anything I have ever tried. I put some inside and then some on my man (all around not just on top) and it has made a big difference.
I am 3+ years out from my surgery but still not without pain and I do still bleed at times but I can at least tolerate him inside me rather than screaming in pain. It is unfortunate that the Dr I had was a man that disfigured me but it is over and I can't go back to my fabulous sex life. I am just thankful I am not in agony any longer!
Unread 03-05-2021, 05:55 PM
Re: ZERO, NADA, ZIP feelings for intimacy ... feeling helpless

I am with you in the no sex drive. 6 years past full no cervix, ovaries. We use coconut oil and that helps! Mentally, I feel like sex is meh. He enjoys i6, but I don't and even the thought of it is not as exciting as it used to be. Anyone else? Structural and physical- there's no reason for how I feel except in my own mind.
Unread 05-21-2021, 04:09 PM

Yes, that’s me too. I have my ovaries and am trying hrt, but almost feel snorfledoodled, so bad is my desire and sex life. None of my dr’s care either. So I guess I’ll just have to accept it all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register