What made you feel good post op?? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What made you feel good post op?? What made you feel good post op??

Unread 03-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Re: What made you feel good post op??

Great advice ladies! I said days ago that id devise a "to do list" including deadlines for each of the tasks. I still haven't done it, but it sounds good! Maybe, well really hopefully, no ill say definitely tomorrow ill at least have it started.

Im so tired of this fatigue. I just wanna do nothing all the time. I cant wait to get back to time with the family and friends, time at work.

Cmon April 9th!...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittersweets View Post
Im trying to prep for post op. My big day is mon 4/9. I've picked up a bag full of stuff from bath & body works (and I NEVER buy that stuff), it was a good deal whats a girl to do! Anyway, since ive been out of work some lately, and will be for 8 wks post op, our $ will be tight. So im trying to prepare myself for a comfy recovery on a budget! I figured showers and baths (not sure when I can take a bath post op tho) would be soothing, mind as well have some aromatics to go with it. Ummmm some new comfy pjs. Ugggghh....candles. Whatelse hystachicks? Oh yeah I saw a previous suggestion of new sheets....
Hi there, I had me surgery 2/24 and I'm doing very well. Things that helped me were chap stick (your mouth will be very dry), lotion, a cup of water by your bed at all times, lot's of pillows, try to get some good movies or a lap top is huge help. Books are also good.
I can't take a bath or swim until I see my doctor for clearance in two more weeks.
Stay strong. Every thing will be fine.
Unread 03-25-2012, 05:33 PM

I think everyone has it covered....I would add cranberry juice to mix with seltzer/gingerale/7-up..to ward off bladder issues. I am a big fan of trail mix-like snacks to keep bedside for when you have to take meds but don't feel like eating...or you are alone. Snacking is huge...my favs..almond M&M's, pumpkin seeds, Jolly Ranchers and Werthers....hard candy also helps with dry mouth from meds. Also, a double plastic cup with straw...people have different opinions on using a straw. Some say it makes you gassy but there is Gas-X for that! Chapstick is a must. Pad and paper in case you think of something that you may forget while resting! I have a couple more days to shop and finish up the cleaning. Also have to make sure we are all set for the Easter Bunny's visit! Good Luck Sisters!
Unread 03-29-2012, 03:00 PM

You had asked about other sodas and I found any of them work. Treat yourself to all the girlie stuff you want. I agree with everything that has been posted. I would definently suggest a shower seat it has been a lifesaver.
Unread 03-29-2012, 03:57 PM

All of the above!

I think what really helped me was drinking a lot of water. I am a water drinker so this was easy for me. I drank about 4 quarts a day in the hospital and when I got home. I think it flushed things out a lot quicker. All of the anesthesia, pain meds, bladder needing help after catheder.
One other thing I did not realize is the reason for such high waisted clothing. I expected things to bother the incision, but the whole tummy area that has had the uterus removed from it, was very tender. So, the granny panties that seemed to reach my armpits were very comfy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register