Question about TVH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question about TVH Question about TVH

Unread 02-11-2004, 05:48 PM
Question about TVH

Hi

I have 2 daughters but had c-sections with them both and I am wondering if its true that you can not have a hyster vaginally unless you have given birth vaginally to a child is this a fact or fiction? I have not asked my Gyn yet just wondering
thanks in advance!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2004, 07:12 PM
Question about TVH

Tiffanii, I was never able to give birth to a child, and I had a TVH/BSO. I can't guarantee that your doctor will agree to a TVH for you, because other factors, including the doctor's personal preference, must be considered. I can tell you that I had an uncomplicated surgery and recovery.

Good luck with your surgery.

Best wishes,
Helen
Unread 02-11-2004, 07:47 PM
tvh question answered by new princess

hi... just came home today from the castle... monday was the big day...i had twins 21 mths ago and had a tvh... depends on the size of the uterus and all that is involved....see what your preop and doc say... good luck.... glenna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2004, 07:47 PM
Question about TVH

I have had 1 c-section and am booked in for LAVH in May. My doctor says it depends on the person but it can make it harder. He will try in my case and see what happens.

Naomi.
Unread 02-13-2004, 08:39 AM
Question about TVH

I had my son by c section but was able to have my hyst vaginally. And I am only 2 1/2 weeks post op and feeling really good. I hope hat helps to answer your question. Take care.

Charity
Unread 02-13-2004, 09:13 AM
Question about TVH

I've never had children and I had a LAVH.

I think most of it depends on what you doctor is best at.
Unread 02-14-2004, 10:39 AM
LAVH

Hi
I also had 2 c sections and am having a LAVH on March 4th. I was also wondering the same thing since I am very narrow down there and could not give birth naturally. My gyno set me to another Dr and he examend me & said I could have it done that way. So now I am waiting and woke up this morning with what I hope will be my last period!!!! I am in so much pain. The heavy bleading, and clotting, the mood swings, and the crying are drivng me nuts. To top it all off today is "valentines day" and I told my husband to go out with the kids and leave me alone!
Can some one who has had a LAVH tell me what im in for and how I will feel after. Im really scared.
Thanks for all your help.
Good luck to everyone pre op and post op
speady recovery to u all
Thanks
Karen
:huges:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register