One Week Away - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One Week Away One Week Away

Unread 05-31-2001, 07:51 AM
One Week Away

Hi Marie~
I'm 41, scheduled for a TAH next Friday, the 8th for fibroids, heavy bleeding and ovulation syndrome. Since I decided to have the surgery I've vascillated between keeping the ovaries and Not keeping them on a daily basis. Yesterday I met with my doc and signed them away~due to the ovulation syndrome. Clearly they are giving me problems (excruciatingly painful! some months). So I've opted to go without...I will begin hormone replacement before I leave the hospital.
Regarding the nerves~ Are you kidding???? I recently started taking Celexa because my PMS was off the walls and even so, most of the day I feel electric! What about being "self-absorbed?" It's like ALL I think about is MY surgery, MY recovery, MY needs, etc. this is not like me at all. I'm also TELLING everyone. It was all I could do to NOT tell the cashier at the grocery! I'm cracking myself up over this behavior. Anyway, back to you~honestly if I could keep my ovaries- I would. I too believe, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Best of luck to you and your decision~
Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2001, 08:11 AM
One Week Away

Beth - best of luck to you, too. Thanks. Marie
Unread 05-31-2001, 08:19 AM
One Week Away

BJ, I am 27 years old and I had a total hysterectomy on 5-14, including both ovaries were removed. I had it a little rough the first few days due to sweats and mood swings, but now that my HRT have started to kick in, I am feeling a lot better and really, other than being a little tired, almost back to normal. Don't worry, you'll be okay, and you'll feel so much better afterwords! I would rather take a pill every day than have to go back in 2-3 years and have my ovaries removed, because that's what happened to a lot of people I know that tried to keep their ovaries at first, and I didn't want to go through the surgery twice. Good luck! Stay in touch!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register