dVH/RALH Emotional today. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Emotional today. Emotional today.

Unread 01-20-2013, 05:26 PM
Emotional today.

Just about two Weeks post op, today is my most unstable day so far. I'm not taking hormones. This recovery has been the exact opposite of what I wanted. Kids are constantly fighting, house is a disaster (and the dishwasher broke!) I'm just sick of it all. Worried about bills we are very behind on and its all getting to be too much. So I cry. We volunteer at church and today I went and sat in the car because I couldn't keep it together enough to be any help. DH told me to stop feeling sorry for myself. That didn't help. He's since apologized.
I can't say the same thing over and over and over. Might just lose it today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Re: Emotional today.

Hang in there Sister. This too shall pass. Hugs to you.
biggums
Unread 01-20-2013, 06:43 PM

You need to be concentrating on your recovery and not dealing with all this other stuff. Sit down with your family for a serious chat, TELL them what you expect from now on (no ifs ands or buts). Hold off on your church activities, God will understand. You are less than 2 weeks post OP, straighten tm out now they have a least 4 weeks before you are any where near getting back to normal!! Use paper plates and stop worrying about a dirty house
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2013, 07:39 PM

im in the same boat! kids fighting.. i have a 2 yr. old and a 6 yr. old, house is a big mess, dishes wont stop, trash is overflowing b/c i cant pick it up and carry it out. i just suggest you concentrate on yourself.. heal properly and everything will fall into place! in the meantime - grab a big box of tissue and let it go! just cry! im 13 days post op.. and ive had awful crying spells... over all sorts of silly things.. so i cry alot and then im back to dealing with things.. let the kids fight and you go somewhere quiet and let it all out! hang in there!
Unread 01-20-2013, 10:36 PM

Ladies, I don't know how you do it! I'm 11 days out and can't imagine having this surgery and small children. I Agee, you need to have a talk with the family. I read a quote on here that is my new moto. My husband said he was going to have it framed and put by the bed, so I would be reminded to follow it: "you have the rest of your life to live, but only one chance to heal correctly." My husband knows I'm so hardheaded, so I'm sure he will remind me everyday. Take a deep breath, it's hard to believe, but it will pass. As I told my daughter last week when she called crying that they didn't have money to get what they needed from the store. She only had $11....I said Trust in The Lord, he will provide, and she did. She said she went back to the store with her $11, and they had marked down prices and she was able to buy what they needed. Faith is a wonderful thing. (FYI coco is my grandma name.they live 8 hours from me. Or I would have been Gods helper and bought what they needed.)
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:08 AM

Hi, wondering how you are going today? I am 10 days post op (abdo hysto), with young kids. when I got home from hospital I realised caring for 2 kids was real hard when you are so sore and just want to sleep. I phoned friends who could take my kids, even just for a short spell per day so I can rest. i put aside my 'i can cope with anything' supermum attitude. You will be surprised and your heart warmed by people who are happy to help. Remember, we give so much of ourselves to our kids (and partner no doubt), but it is very important at this time to look after you. you don't want complications down the track. Do not go volunteering yourself to help with anything, not even church. There is time for that in future. yes, the house is messy, the kids are watching too much tv, their hair is knotty.....no harm will come .... It will pass....you get better.....with love xxx
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:43 AM

Thank you for checking, today is not that much better I'm mad at my husband we needed oil in the car absolutely needed oil in the car I took the kids to the bus stop because it literally feels like -33 degrees here and I didn't want them to be kidcicles before they got to school. My husband decided he'd rather go to work (he's ALWAYS at least ten minutes early) then spend the less than 5 minutes it takes to put oil in my car so I did it myself with my oldest daughter. so I'm crying again my guts hurt and I'm sad. Situations like that make me feel so unprotected and it happens a lot. So I got to figure out something to do besides whine and moan all day. :*(
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:03 AM

Lbyard had you been learned to drive? You may feel physically fine on the outside but your insides are still healing and you really don't want a set back or an internal tear or strain.
You need to sit down and have a talk with him.
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:14 AM

Dr said two weeks til driving. I guess technically that would be tomorrow. I'm surprised that don't have any follow up between my surgery and six weeks like I've heard from everyone else here. Today was my first time driving, we do have stick shifts so I'll still only drive if I need to rather then heading out for shopping or me time. I drove to the end of the block and back twice then chased the bus down as my dd forgot her lunch in the car. o_O looking so hot in my nightgown covered by sweats and husbands shoes waddling down the bus aisle to give her her lunch. Embarrassing.
Unread 01-24-2013, 09:10 PM

Had a meltdown today. Did some yelling screaming crying. So frustrated with unhelpful kids 13, 10 ages. Yes no kids want to do chores or help, I get that but I'm so discouraged that even surgery doesn't spur any action. I can't imagine ever treating my parents like this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register