Any other youngins out there? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any other youngins out there? Any other youngins out there?

Unread 07-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Re: Any other youngins out there?

I am a 29 year old, 6 weeks post op. I totally understand how you feel being younger than most people who have a hysterectomy. I just take things day by day and I pretty much keep to myself. There are many people that don't u nderstand how I feel or the emotions I go thru because they haven't been thru what I have. Keep your chin up and take it day by day. You will heal at your own pace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2011, 09:24 PM

I am 35 years young & I would have had my hysterectomy at 25 had my doctors approved!! I'm 2 weeks post-op today & its one of the best things I've had done. I tone out the negative & praise the positive. Best of luck to u & know u r not alone:-)
Unread 07-28-2011, 12:58 PM

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I know what you mean about fake sympathy....I'm 30 and had a TAH/BSO back in May and I can't tell you how many times I've heard "oh, you are so young to be having these problems". Little do people know, I had been suffering in silence for 15 years. It was about time I did something to feel better.

I have some friends who were pregnant around the time of my surgery and they acted funny around me for awhile. They were "worried their pregnancy bothered me"?????? Why would I be bothered that someone else was having a baby? Yes, at times it is hard to accept that I will never have my own children, but I had to do what I did for ME!! I needed to feel better or I stood to lose a lot more.

Anyway, I hope you can ignore them somehow and just know that you are in no way alone in this, we are all here for you!!! Hugs to you, sweetie!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2011, 02:23 PM

I'm not so young(36) but have been dealing with fibroids for over 15 years and went through the various hoops (myomectomy, UAE) before FINALLY having TAH one week ago. I am so relieved and happy to have my life back. The Dr. that released me from the hospital said, "You are too young for a hysterectomy!" And must have been my drug-addled mind, I replied, "No, I'm too young to be carrying around 4 pounds of fibroids and having chronic anemia." That shut him up.
I also once had a cousin ask me "what I did" to get fibroids- implying that somehow I had caused this myself because of negative emotions/thoughts.
Some people are endlessly self-centered, but over the years I have come to the firm conclusion that I will never let people like this waste my precious time.
Your life is your own, no matter what gets thrown in your path. You have made an incredibly brave choice to improve the quality of your life,
and there are as many ways to lead a meaningful life as there are people living.
Unread 07-28-2011, 03:51 PM

Well said molekat!*
I'm 4 week post op today (uterus, tubes and cervix out thru lap and vag), healing physically well i think and am really glad to see this topic. I'm 34 and have struggled with fibroids and endo since age 13 i think. I am not married and have no children. This surgery was most difficult for my mother - I believe she's grieving the confirmation of no grandchildren from me at a time when many of my friends and cousins are having their 2nd or 3rd. She doesn't want anyone to know that i had a hysterectomy, and I think it's *because she doesn't want the pity response from friends and family. She weeped constantly for the few days before and after my surgery until i told her that it wasnt helpful for me to see that. She's been a great help in every other way. I'm really struggling with this because like many of you, on the one hand I want people to know that this will hopefully end years of struggles for me and allow me to do things I love like more travel. But, on the other hand and I don't know if I'm emotionally strong enough to manage the pity and "oh my god, you're so young" "poor you" "you wouldve made such a good mother" and the looks that often go with this. Oh the judgement and people's ridiculous thinking! Plus I work with kids so that's often a topic of conversation at work. So, I've only told a couple close friends. But at the same time I know that talking about it is what helps me to process it for myself.*
Who knows where I'll end up with this, but I have REALLY appreciated the support I've received from this site.*
Unread 07-29-2011, 02:32 PM

i turned 30 in april, i have 2 beautful girls which im thankful of, one is 4 other is 15 months, and people i have talked too, are lke wo i cant believe your doing this bc of little pain! ALITTLE!!! are you freaking kidding me!!! try 6 months being in constant pain with fibroids and constant cyst..i had TAH on june 21st, im sorry people are doing this to you hugs, we understand..
Unread 07-29-2011, 04:07 PM

Again, thanks for all the support/feedback! And *again* it's somewhat comforting to know that others are having this problem with ignorant people out in the world. I guess there's just no stopping that part!
Unread 08-01-2011, 05:44 PM

"It is a two second conversation for some people,but for us its our lives."

This is incredibly powerful!!!! Really profound for where I'm at.
And just a reminder that although some do mean well...
people are just STUPID!!!! (; And can be incredibly clueless.
And they should just listen and not talk!!! Oh, I'm starting to crack myself up here!!! But it's true, the world would be a different place if people could REALLY LISTEN without formulating what they are going to say next....
WORD, ladies.
And we ROCK!!!!

Love and light, A
Unread 08-01-2011, 07:34 PM

Halk, I wish I could say I learned that easily and quickly but I didn't. But the gift was I did learn it. I sometimes complain to my mom that I am the oldest child and being such have to learn everything life has to teach me first. Then wait patiently while others catch up
Unread 08-02-2011, 11:11 AM

I am not as young as you are but I have been putting off having a complete hyster for yrs. In 08 I had a gangrenous lft ovary and appendix they had to be removed. I have always had pain and problems with my reproductive system but since 08 it has really interfered with my daily life and so on July 15th I had everything removed and am going through the slow recovery process now. I just turned 31 and i have one child. I know the feeling people say the same things to me all I can say is hold ur head up and move on. I wanted more children but it just wanted in the cards.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register