Sooo many question..Weight gain!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sooo many question..Weight gain!! Sooo many question..Weight gain!!

Unread 01-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Sooo many question..Weight gain!!

Hello again everyone,

I am so grateful & thankful that I actually have a place to go to ask ALL my questions since Im schedule for Feb but am feeling more & more like I can wait. I told my Dr that and he was ohhhh so upset. He told me I was reading junk on the internet!!..Then he said why dont I get information from woman that have had this done...I told him.."THATS WHAT I HAVE BEEN DOING"...

I am guessing since he didnt tell me I HAD to do this and he actually told me I wouldn't last very long with the heavy bleeding oh heck its not bleeding I usually have the blood clots of course the pain & bloating that comes with that..

Anyway I have already gain weight and Ive been listening to alot of woman saying they gained weight & still kept it...Now PLEASE understand I know if I had ovarian cancer..something that was very serious weight would not matter to me at all...Trust me I have already lost someone I do not play around with this..I only say that b/c I do not want woman writing me back being upset I ask this question.

Thank you for alllll the help you have given me...

God bless & wishing you all well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2005, 03:31 PM

I have found that alot of what is on the net is all the negative things women experience after their surgery. This all had me very scared as well!! The truth to it all is that MOST hysterectomy's go very well and have little complications. I had my pre op appt today, and was almost in tears asking about all the "bad" things that could happen once the surgery is said and done with. My Dr (and hubby and mom) all assured me that most ppl will tell their stories when they have bad things to tell. Very few come back and say when it went great, because they dont even think about it afterward!

I did ask my Dr about the weight gain thing (because even though I am not the thinnest person in the world, I didnt want to make it an even "bigger" issue), he told me that the surgery itself wont cause weight gain. But if I go home from the hospital and eat a bunch of junk while not getting up and moving around, then I will have a weight issue.
My Dr is great, and spent sooo much time with me today talking about ALL of my concerns, and how yes, they are real... but highly unlikely. He made me feel so much better about the decision to have it done, and how it will make my life so much more liveable.

Now I just have to get over my fear of hospitals and "going to sleep". I always think I wont wake up. I hate that stuff!!! BLECK!

Keep thinging positively!! We will all get through this, and come back and tell of our GOOD, uneventful recoveries!!!

Unread 01-26-2005, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky Charmz
I
Now I just have to get over my fear of hospitals and "going to sleep". I always think I wont wake up. I hate that stuff!!! BLECK!

Keep thinging positively!! We will all get through this, and come back and tell of our GOOD, uneventful recoveries!!!

I also have my surgery scheduled the same as you and have the same concerns. The going to sleep and not waking up is heavy on my mind. I know its a rare possibility but still..its there. My hubby had a heart attack a couple of weeks ago...and instead of understanding my feelings..is reply was..."well if I can go through this..you can handle this surgery"..Needless to say i havent said another word to him.

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2005, 04:11 PM

Hi there,

I too thought I could wait after finding this web site. While I had heavy bleeding from fibroids, It was no where near the pain that some were expressing. I canceled. It was almost 3 hrs later (On the weekend of course) I started bleeding and cloting like never before. Someone was telling me something. I tried to get my appointment back, but had to wait another 10 days.

Anyway, I went through and it's the best thing I ever did. Once inside I had endo and severe scarring from hernia repair and tubes being tied 2 yrs ago. Also had a little bladder problem.

It's been 8 days and I never felt better. With a LSH the recovery (for me) has been a snap. Very little pain, but very tired.
I have lost 9 pounds on top of that.

Now the first 4 days I didn't feel like eating much. Stuck to soups. As I wanted more I have make an effort to give my body only good food to eat. no bags of chips which is easy to do just sitting around . My point is with limited activity and the recovery it's easier to sit around and feel sorry for yourself and down junk. I listened to some sisters who really regret all the weight they allowed themselves to gain. It's a choice (if it's not hormonal or something from surgery) that you can make.

Good luck. I'm sure you will make the best decision for YOU.

Sirap
Unread 01-26-2005, 08:07 PM
Thank you

I wanted to say thank you & yes I have realized that woman who have good outcomes & no problems don't think about coming on here. It is good to hear the postive of this ...As we all know this is scary & the unknown As Wll as Yes A BIG DEAL for us.

THANKS SOOOO MUCH FOR LISTENING
Unread 01-26-2005, 08:11 PM
ps..

Good luck on your surgery & the best of recovery to both of you..

Sirap...glad your doing so well..thank you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register