OKay.. fretting about rectocele or cystocele - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

OKay.. fretting about rectocele or cystocele OKay.. fretting about rectocele or cystocele

Unread 01-24-2006, 08:51 PM
OKay.. fretting about rectocele or cystocele

AZ, Your symptoms sound so much like mine.... I wonder why "female problems' are so ignored. After they diagnosed my rectocele, cystocele, and bladder problems, I looked at them and said Thank god, I'm not crazy! I had to tell them for 4 years before they believed me then another dr. in the practice saw it right away and said it was quite obvious... I've said this before but if it had been a man it would have been taken care of ASAP. Patty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2006, 10:05 PM

kitty....think you are right...and my doc is a woman...but I think that women's issues are often overlooked more than mens....it is one of the reason's that heart disease is the number one killer of women is that it often goes undiagnosed....well, here's to all of us feeling much better soon!
Unread 01-25-2006, 10:45 AM

Pat Cat, I hope you get the help you need! I remember your antaphylactic shock story! SCARY... I am just curious why your GYN did not do the rectocele at the time of your hysterectomy? Maybe a proctologist would help more? Patty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2006, 05:35 AM

Hi,
Just my two cents. Are you taking HRT or vaginal estrogen? I found that after my hyst that I had some vaginal atrophy without the vaginal estrogen. It made the rectocele worse. After my repair the doctor (which was a different gyn than my hyst doctor) said that I needed vaginal estrogen to combat the atrophy. I'm on vagifem and it has helped alot with keeping the vaginal tissues moist.
As always consult your doctor. Good luck.
Unread 01-26-2006, 02:23 PM

Boy I'm glad I found this post! I too had SAH on Jan 10th (kept cervix and ovaries) with cystocele, and rectocele and vaginal vault repair. My OB/Gyn did all the surgery at the same time. I wasn't having too many symptoms, but the bladder prolapse and uterine prolapse were the worst. I just didn't want to deal with them anymore so scheduled the hyst. It was supposed to be done laparoscopically, but then Dr. found the vault prolapse and said she wanted to do it all right the first time. I wasn't having too many B.m. problems - usuallly had diarrhea instead of constipation, but figured it was related. Not too much problems sneezing or laughing, just a lot of pressure from the bladder being where it wasn't supposed to be. Right now I don't have a lot of pain from the repairs - mostly from the abdominal incision. I'm taking colace and trying to eat lots of fruit and fibre. Like "az-transplant" I had tried a serious round of Kegels, pessaries etc, but nothing worked. Hopefully now if I take it easy, everything will heal up properly. I'm wondering why you are having a second A & P repair schedule "candyapplelady"?? Did the first one not work?
Thanks for starting this post! Hope you are all feeling better soon!
Unread 01-26-2006, 03:55 PM

Beamer7, the first repair failed when my body rejected the suture material and I started losing stitches too early. The tissue never had a chance to heal together and within 4 weeks I could see vaginal tissue protruding from my vagina. This next repair will be done with mesh by the Uro/Gyn who invented the mesh material that is being used all over the country and my Gyn will be assisting. Praying for positive results with this one!!
Michelle
Unread 01-26-2006, 04:13 PM

Could someone please explain something to me?? What is "splinting"?
Unread 01-26-2006, 04:50 PM

Hi candyapplelady (Michelle) - I'm so sorry that the sutures didn't work. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for your next surgery. I hope you can wait that long! You've been through a lot.
Unread 01-26-2006, 05:29 PM

A rectocele causes a pouch in the lower, back part of the vagina. Stool gets trapped in there and causes difficulty completely emptying the bowel. Splinting is when you put your finger in the lower part of the vagina and push on that bulge to help empty the bowel.

Thanks Beamer7!!
Unread 01-26-2006, 05:42 PM

I had symptoms prior to have my rectocele repair. I am 8 weeks post-op and am glad to say that the repair worked! It has been a long painful road to where I am now. I would go back in a hearbeat and have the procedure again, knowing what I know now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register