All over the place :/ | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

All over the place :/ All over the place :/

Unread 06-11-2013, 02:38 PM
All over the place :/

Hi all well surgery is fast approaching 17/6, I thought it would drag but its creeping up very quickly and I'm all over the place one minute I'm fine next I'm weepy then I'm snapping at everyone, I'm trying to get stuff sorted making sure house is tidy and kids are going to be ok my hubby keeps tellig me to sit down as I'm going over the top :/ family are looking after the children while hubby comes with me but now I'm thinking for some strange reason that I want to go on my own as I want the children to stay with there dad, I'm also struggling with sleep( which I don't normally have a problem with lol) and I'm absolutely petrified about the surgery daft thoughts of things going wrong and if the children will be ok .... Is this normal ? Has anyone else ever felt like this ? Iv had surgeries before but not on this scale, iv been told ill need help to get out of bed which I'm also finding hard to grasp as I normally bounce back quite quickly or I did from several laparoscopys and my c section I was up and about straight away .. Iv never been one to sit around ... I'm thinking this may be also worrying me the thought of laying in bed not beig able to do anything .... I know that probably sounds mad as friends say they would swap places for time off work anyone else feeling like this or am I going mad and over reacting ? Xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Re: All over the place :/

Totally normal to worry, it is after all a big Operation.
You worry about your children, that is Mum's for you
You will be so happy to have your Husband by your side for aslong as possible and I am sure the kids will be just fine with the family looking after them.

I had to get out of bed the very first evening to have a little wash.
The Nurse helped me
The Next day they took the Katheder out and made me get out of bed slowly but as often as I felt that I could.
By the second evening I was sitting in the big Armchair having my Dinner.

You will be just fine.
It will be like ONE Second for you from getting the GA to waking up time.

Hugs
Petra
Unread 06-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Re: All over the place :/

It is soooo normal to be all over the place. None of us wants to go through surgery, and it is a MAJOR Surgery! I have never had kids, but I have read here on some of these forums that gals who have had C-sections say this surgery is nothing like that, so expect a bit more of a recovery and not bouncing out of bed.

I had a DaVinci total, and was happy my husband was with me the whole time they would allow him. I'm sure you will be happy to have him there too, and I'm sure your children will be fine with your other family. It is great that you have some family to look after them!

It is so normal to be up, down, sideways, not sleeping. I was so nervous at first that I didn't know how they were going to perform the surgery because I was shaking so bad!

My job is very physical (I'm a firefighter) and there is no way I like sitting around. But I have to make sure my recovery is good. So...get used to the idea that you will be sitting around - lounging - for at least 2 weeks. My doc has told me no lifting or exercise for 6 weeks, so walking it is for me.

Good luck and prayers to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register