4-week appointment tomorrow --what to expect? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4-week appointment tomorrow --what to expect? 4-week appointment tomorrow --what to expect?

Unread 07-06-2005, 06:12 AM
4-week appointment tomorrow --what to expect?

Hi all,
I have my four-week appointment tomorrow even though it's been only 3-weeks. Doctor is on vacation Week 4 and nurses said this would be fine.
I know all doctors are different, but what usually happens at that appointment? I've not had many problems other than tightness in belly and constipation. I had a TAH, but kept ovaries.

Newscat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2005, 07:20 AM

Not sure what to expect myself----my 4-week appointment is this afternoon. I'm hoping to get at least an idea of when I can start doing things like lifting groceries/vacuuming/etc again. I figure he'll do an internal check at this point to make sure everything is healing well (I had a TVH), but I'm not sure. I'll try to get back on here and post again after my appointment. Best wishes in your recovery!
Unread 07-06-2005, 07:34 AM

I went in at 3 weeks because my incision (lttle 2 cm spot) wasn't all healing, a little oozy. He just felt my belly, examined the incision, nurse took blood pressure, etc. Asked about pain, if I had any questions, etc. So- write down your questions. I forgot to ask when I could swim- but I know until this incision totally heals, the answer is no.
Good luck!

L

TAH for endo, adeno, excessive bleeding, hyperplasia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2005, 09:16 AM

I had my 4 week yesterday morning (TVH). She answered my questions (came with a list), did an internal exam (which thank goodness was not a problem and pain free) and released me - come back in 1 year for annual and PAP. I was nervous ahead of time, but it turned out to be fine!

Kim
Unread 07-06-2005, 10:05 AM

I went for my 4 week exam yesterday. He did not do an internal exam, his nurse said they just do those at your next yearly, which for me will be February. THat rather puzzled me, and frankly I was disappointed by it, not that I like them, but I felt like he should have checked to make sure all the insides were well. He did check my incision, only because i told him there was a spot that was looking funky. It was fine he said. I had a whole list of questions, left them at home of course, but remembered most of them. He rather rushed me through what I asked with half answers because he had a baby to go deliver. Which REALLY made me mad. I'm not currently having any problems, but If any come up, I will be calling him quick, fast and in a hurry. And remind him that I woulda asked him about it at my appt. had he had the time to talk with me properly.
Unread 07-06-2005, 11:27 AM

My appt is on Friday, and it's only been three weeks too. I have no idea what to expect. Let us know how your appointment went if you get the chance. I know all docs are different, but I'm a little anxious/worried about the possibility of an internal exam.
Unread 07-06-2005, 12:10 PM

I go in for mine on the 12th. My doctor is on vacation this week, otherwise I would have had a three-week exam. Please do let us know how it was (even though I know they are all different! ). I have to remember to write down my questions, too. Maybe I should keep it in my purse so I can't forget them!
Unread 07-06-2005, 03:32 PM

Just got back from my 4-week appointment. He did do an internal exam (it was painless). He said everything looked fine, healing well, stitches still not completely dissolved yet (normal). The pathology report was fine, although they did find adeno that wasn't known about before. I have to have restrictions (no lifting over 10 pounds, no sex) for 2 more weeks, then ease back to normal. I only have to return if there's pain or bleeding after sex or activity. Otherwise just back in a year for the "routine" annual exam. If 2 annuals are fine, then it's every 3 years after that.
Unread 07-06-2005, 03:42 PM

Released?
As in have to go back to work?
Nooo! I don't want to do that!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register