2 days post hysterectomy 1/20: This GAS is a nightmare | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 days post hysterectomy 1/20: This GAS is a nightmare 2 days post hysterectomy 1/20: This GAS is a nightmare

Unread 01-22-2015, 06:00 PM
2 days post hysterectomy 1/20: This GAS is a nightmare

just how many gas x pills can be taken in one day? I'm taking simithicone 250mg and the gas is horrid. I'm sipping on peppermint tea and walking. Any suggestions would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2015, 06:15 PM

Yes the gas pains are the worst....I use the gas pills (like the beano) take with food so no gas (Wal-Mart brand) I took every time I took pain pills not sure how many..it did help a lot ..but if I didn't take them my stomach hurt so bad....hang in there it gets easier ..little by little ..I'm 2 weeks ..abdominal it does get easier,baby steps
Unread 01-22-2015, 06:35 PM
Re: This GAS is a nightmare

My dh is worried that I'm going to overdose on the gas pills. I called the drs office to ask them just how many and the nurse said to follow the directions. My dr is out of town so I figured she was going to go the safest way possible for her, I get it I'm not mad just tired of so much walking to still have all this gas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2015, 07:15 PM

I'm 2 weeks today and still have gas pains but now I'm feeling like sharp pains sometimes. It makes me freak out cause I'm so scared of getting a hernia or something. I had a total radical laparoscopic hysterectomy done. The gas pains and painful bowel movements were awful. But thankfully most feel better other then these sharp pains.
Unread 01-22-2015, 07:36 PM

I feel your pain. I'm 28 days out and suffering like never in my life from gas and cramping. Almost every night I wake with the feeling like my intestines are being twisted. I manage to have a hard BM in the morning, so it's not constipation. I have not tried an anti gas medicine. My drs theory was I became uncomfortable because of taking Doc-a-Lace and Miralax for the first 2 weeks. She thought if I stopped those, I'd be OK. Two weeks later I'm still pretty uncomfortable even though I stopped those digestive aids as well as eating beans and high fiber foods in favor of a mild white foods diet (another dr friend's suggestion).

My fear is that I now have IBS caused by scar tissue or something else related to my TAH.

Did anyone get through this intestinal stuff OK?
Unread 01-22-2015, 07:42 PM

Charco caps worked great for me. I got them at Walgreens. Hope it helps.
Unread 01-22-2015, 07:49 PM

Did you ever get well enough to stop taking the charcoal capsules, Bortega? How long were you using them?
Thanks for your reply.
Unread 01-22-2015, 08:31 PM

In the beginning once a day. Then I took them as needed. They Really worked for me.
Unread 01-22-2015, 08:36 PM

You know I left my charco pills in my desk at work! I held them in my hand and I said nah I won't need them, I was wrong should have gone with my gut! I'm taking colace twice a day 2 caps in the morning and 2 at night plus gas pills. I noticed that when I eat crackers or jello the pain is insane. But when I eat tuna or tomatoes it backs way off. Plus keeping up with the hot teas helps.
Unread 01-22-2015, 11:04 PM

Wow. You all are making me nervous. I am 8 hours post op lap asst vaginal hyst. Still feeling affects of anesthesia with mild cramping and abdominal pain at this time. Fingers crossed for the same when I wake up!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register