ticked off today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ticked off today ticked off today

Unread 11-13-2004, 04:25 AM
ticked off today

God im soo depressed today, i have been waiting for my op date for months now ive got it i am soo scared and rushed knowing i'm not sorted for xmas and all!!Plus i really wanted to go out this weekend and everyone is skint!!boo hoo!!any cheery thoughts would be much apreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2004, 05:45 AM
ticked off today

Hang in there. I can't give you any wisdom from a post-op perspective to say this will all pass, but I can tell you that these pre-op days for me have included a wide variety of emotions. I think it's natural when you're facing major surgery to go through all the stages of grieving and that includes anger. Maybe you can find a friend or two who might just get together at someone's house and have a little party that wouldn't cost a lot. I'm thinking of you and sending you (((HUGS)))!!!
Unread 11-13-2004, 05:53 AM
ticked off today

Do you have anyone you can call and talk to for a while? or anyone who can come spend the day with you?

I am sorry you are feeling the way you do, I feel the same way. I have 2 little ones (ages 3 and 5) and I have to make sure everything is ready for them, dh, myself, christmas..etc..I feel like I'll never be ready..BUT WE WILL.

You are going through what I think is a normal thing. Hang in there! I am glad you posted here!!!!!

shelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2004, 06:08 AM
ticked off today

aww thanks, i am such a whinging <Oops! Please do not attempt to override the website censor.> at the moment, hubbys working long hours, teenage daughter has her own life, my friends all are great but very busy.I know i'll be fine but tis juts the waiting and worrying thats getting to me
Unread 11-13-2004, 06:11 AM
ticked off today

I know what you mean, my DH has been working open to close because the boss has been on vaca, my kids are too young to talk to about this, and most of my friends live out of state. I've been doing the emotion roller coaster, just this morning I couldn't find something and started to cry (so not like me). So, you're not alone. I think most if not all of us LIW are scared on some level, and doing the rollercoaster.
Unread 11-13-2004, 06:18 AM
ticked off today

Sometimes I'm the Queen <Oops! Please don't attempt to override the website censor.> and other times I'm sniveling and bawling. I guess it's all to be expected.

Where are you in the UK? We were stationed at RAF Lakenheath from 1977-1980. It's in East Anglia, not too far from Cambridge. It's a lovely country and we thoroughly enjoyed our time there, and enjoyed even more the wonderful friends we made.
Unread 11-13-2004, 07:56 AM
ticked off today

i'm in lancashire which is north west england.have just had the dogs out and been to the shops so feel a bit better, but its the waiting thats doing my head in, my lifes been on hold for soo long its weird i feel so restless now when my ops only 10 days away!
Unread 11-13-2004, 08:06 AM
ticked off today

Hi candypops,

These UK waiting lists are nasty, I go the day before you so can relate, DH has planned to do all our 'tinned' shopping during this week one night after work (he gets paid monday) so I get to spend his money on the shopping instead of mine for a change (I get paid whilst in Hosp)

Its these last few days that are getting me down more than anything, but they will soon go.
Walk the dogs now while you can enjoy it, as you won't be able to do so for a short while after, get the fresh air while you can.

I would walk my cats, but I don't think they would appreciate it in the middle of London with all the crazy traffic & dogs around
Unread 11-13-2004, 08:35 AM
ticked off today

I find myself feeling the same way you all do. Up down happy sad and sometimes just honkerblonky..My kids are all teens and just do their own thing. The DH works 6 days a week for now (7 once turkey is over) I cant seem to find time to get everything done before more stuff pops up. Work is getting crazy since the girl Im training to do my work has messed up nearly everything Ive shown her and Ive shown her over and over and even let her watch me do it all. Don't know if she will ever get it. The house doesnt stay clean for more than an hour. And Im either over eat or dont eat at all. I feel like Im on a roller coaster. Cant wait to go to the castle for some rest.

GOod luck to you all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register