Left sided pain anyone? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Left sided pain anyone? Left sided pain anyone?

Unread 06-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Left sided pain anyone?

Hello sisters,

Thanks for the replies. Well I just got back from the surgon and he seems to think I have a femoral herina. He is going to check inside with a scope on Fri. If I do he will repair it then. He said these kind of herinas are hard to feel because sometimes a muscle could be in front of it. I hope that's what this pain is so I could finally get it taken care of. So all you sisters with this pain please go back and see your doc. and ask if it could be some kind of herina. I'm just kinda upset because now that means more time off work which I really can't afford now. But I need to take care of myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2005, 05:50 PM
so sorry

(I accidentally made this post a new thread -- can't seem to delete it now )

Anyway, so sorry JD to hear what's going on with you. We must pursue though when things don't feel right. You prompted me to call me doctor as well, as the pain I feel sounds alot like yours. It seems close to the groin area on my left -- it pulls and jabs and comes very quickly.

Let me know what happens. I'll be praying for you. The thought of more stuff just seems awful. Keep your chin up.

Hope
Unread 06-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Left sided pain anyone?

I started having a throbbing like pain on the left side yesterday in the groin area and was wondering if I was ovulating, I have never felt that pain before. My breast kind of deflated after the surgery and have been that way until a couple days ago and now they are so sore and tender. I was thinking maybe my body was finally coming back to life. What do you think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2005, 08:20 PM
left sided pain

Good question about ovulation.

I have painful ovulation on the right side -- my doc left my ovaries, but it's only been three weeks so I haven't experienced it.

HOWEVER, I did wonder if I was now having it on the left -- it feels a little bit further down. My ovulation pain was constant. I guess I should say IS constant since I'll most likely still have it. Anyway, it starts as kind of a sideache, or like you have to take a bm, and it gradually increases through the day -- sometimes getting so you have to bend over it hurts so bad.

Then, all of a sudden, it's gone -- just like that. I believe ovulation pain would be more like that. The pain I have seems to "ping" me when I move a certain way. Does yours?
Unread 06-06-2005, 08:38 PM
Left sided pain anyone?

I just started having those pains yesterday, I would have to rub that area to get a little relief, I wasnt doing anything, it was just weird because I dont recall having that pain before the hyst. It's a throbbing pain like you could feel it pulsating, does that sound weird. Heck if I dont know. Carol
Unread 06-07-2005, 07:43 AM
Left sided pain anyone?

Hi hopefortix,

Glad to see your calling your doc. Even if you don't have a herina, something is going on and you need to be seen. Why live with anymore pain. There are two differant types of herina you can get in that area. One is a femoral herina and the other is called a inguinal herina, these two are commom in women. The surgon gave me a book on them, here are some of the symptoms: Discomfort or pain that is worse at the end of the day or after standing for long periods.

Pain during lifting, coughing, sneezing or physical activities.

A feeling of weakness or pressure in the groin.

Discomfort or pain during urination or bowel movements.

A bulge in the groin ,abdomen, thigh or genitals. Which I don't have, he said with femoral herina there isn't always a bulge because a muscle could be in front of it. I'm not even sure this is what I have yet. I won't know for sure till Fri., when he puts the scope in. I do hope and pray this is the problem so I can get it taken care of and finally go on with my life. I will let you know what happens after I get this done.
Unread 06-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Hiback

I spoke with my doc and was surprised at how much I had been doing. I was told (why, oh why do they tell you after the fact?) that I was doing way too much. I was asked how much I was walking -- on Saturday I felt so good that I think I walked a mile. He almost freaked. "You should be walking only two blocks at the most".

Today I took it easy. I find that stooping/bending and stairs really make it pull. It's much better today. No sharp pains.

He also told me I should limit my trips up/down the stairs to once daily.

Where were these figures when I left the hospital? I was only told not to lift more than 10 pounds. It's so frustrating.

So, for I told the animal hospital that I work at that I'll be in for two hours a day, limited to light restraint, stocking medicines, some lab work and paperwork. No laundry, no bending, nothing. I only work 15 hours a week, and they are very supportive.

It did feel good to be there today. I stayed only two hours and I must say,

Off to bed I go. I'm exhausted.

Thanks for your information. If my pain is still around after I rest up a little extra, I'll go in.

The support here is wonderful. Good day to you.

Hope
Unread 06-09-2005, 08:32 AM
Left sided pain anyone?

Hi sisters,

Well I get to see if this is a hernia tomorrow. Which I really hope it is. I also noticed that this pain I'm feeling by my groin on my left side in the crease of my leg is like a pinching feeling almost. I have read a few post about pinched nerves. I wonder if this could also be my problem and the pain also goes down my leg some. What ever it is I just hope and pray that while the surgon is in there looking around he can figure out what's wrong with me. I am a little nervous about having surgery again, but hey I just had a hyster I should be able to handle this no problem right. Thanks for listening sisters!!
Unread 06-09-2005, 12:20 PM
good luck

I hope you get to figure it out --

I'm doing much better with alot less activity. SLOW DOWN GIRLIES!!!!!

Hope
Unread 06-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Left sided pain anyone?

Hello again sisters!

Alright, I had my surgery yesterday for my possible hernia. Turns out I didn't have a herina, but alot of scar tissue over my left ovary and fallopian tube, which the surgon said can cause pain and pulling. Also my colon was pressing tightly against my left ovary and he had to move that. I hope and pray this is my LAST SURGERY and my pain will finally be gone and I can go on with my life. Good luck to the rest of you sisters out there with this left sided pain, I hope that you to find the problem and get it fixed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register