7weeks -- how you all doing? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7weeks -- how you all doing? 7weeks -- how you all doing?

Unread 03-15-2006, 04:38 PM
7weeks -- how you all doing?

It will be 7 weeks on Friday for me - and some days I feel like a million and others like a dollar. I have a UTI currently, and have been dealing with a slight pain on my right side. Some days I wake up and I am full of energy, even though I only slept a few hours here and there with the insomnia kicking in full force!! I have been moving a little better and starting to feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I still can't sit for long periods of time without the swelly belly kicking in, and walking is limited too; but I am learning how far I can go without causing a "problem". I experienced my first PMS and let me tell you it was a good one. I was crying at everything and easily frustrated. I hope the PMS gets a little better; wishful thinking!! I still have gas pains at times, but not half as bad as they were right after surgery. I go back to my DR on March 27th. I am hoping to be cleared to drive, because I am going INSANE - LOL I am hoping that he will clear me for part-time work at least, maybe even full. My job requires sitting for 8-10hrs a day, so we shall see. I am hoping that everything is healing inside correctly and the UTI goes away with the meds he gave me. I must say that I am still afraid to have sex, but I guess most of us have felt that same way at some point through this process. I would like to hear how my other 7 weekers are doing out there, and anyone else who would like to reply --
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2006, 05:47 PM

Hi Dawn! I am 7 weeks post op also. I am doing really wonderfully. I am still really tired, but I guess thats to be expected. I have been back to work since 2 days after my surgery, and driving since about 3 weeks afterwards. Driving hurt becasue it put all the pressure on my right side incision, and it was sore to sit still and not be able to move around. It feels ok to drive now though.
My husband and I did make love for the first time since surgery last weekend. I was so scared! It did hurt a little bit, but I had no bleeding or anything like that. We have made love since then and have had no porblems at all! Thank God! LOL
My doctor says that to expect to take about a year to get back to "normal', I am not really sure what that is though!
Physcially I am ok, but emotionally, I still feel on a roller coaster. Crying, laughing, yelling all within 5 minutes of each other sometimes. I have really had a lot of good days, today was one of the bad ones. Everything just seemed to go wrong, and I couldn' get a handle on it all.
I had both of my ovaries removed, and am in full menopause, I never thought I would be here at 26!
I'm glad to see that you are feeling better. I hope your UTI gets cleared up quickly!
Jenn
Unread 03-15-2006, 08:42 PM

Hi Jenn -- glad to hear you are doing so great, gives me hope!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2006, 06:12 AM

Dawn,
Hi. I'm just over 7 weeks. I returned to work part time Monday. I'm a bank teller. My dr told me the first three days would be the worst. Day one was okay. I was very tired and my swelly belly is bothering me the most. Not to much cramping or soreness just heavy & swollen. Tuesday I came home from work almost in tears I was so tired & sore. Laid down & napped for 2 hours & felt much better. I took a pain pill at bedtime & slept okay. Yesterday went better. I straightened up the kitchen, worked 1/2 day, and helped make supper. I was tired & sore. But being able to work 1/2 days lets me come home & take a break before supper. I may increase my hours next week maybe I'll work two weeks part time. I'm not sure, Thank God the people I work with have been incredible. I have been crying the last couple of days. PMS? I dunno... I hope this helps. Take care of yourself.
Frisby
Unread 03-17-2006, 08:26 AM

4 weeks since my tah and my swollen belly,especially the left side hurst so much. i thought by now i would be feeling lots better. iam trying to do my walking but i think it hurts more. maybe at my age(57)i am expecting too much?
Unread 03-17-2006, 11:31 AM

Dawn,

I am seven weeks on Monday, and am feeling really good. I went back to work after four weeks, and drove after 3. I have lost a lot of weight, as I was carrying around a big tumor-so I feel great being able to get into my old clothes again. I am still tired at the end of the day, and certain things, such as grocery shopping, require my hubbies' help. I am very glad I had the surgery...I never realized just how sick I was. Best of luck to all of you....take the recovery as it comes-it most definitely is different for each patient. OOOOOhhhh, one other thing....I have been using Mederma on my scar, and it is really softening and helping it heal. My doc even commented on how good it looks at my 6 week.....it should only be used on completely healed incisions...NOT on open ones.

Keep the recovery going!!!!

xoxoxox Judy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register