Spotting and bleeding - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Spotting and bleeding Spotting and bleeding

Unread 12-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Spotting and bleeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2cre8 View Post
I am 3 weeks post tomorrow. I listened to the restrictions and was very good. I went back to work at 2 weeks. I did make thanksgiving dinner, but I paced myself as I do with everything. I always try to at least lay and rest for an hour every day mid-day sometime. Some days I'm more sore and tired than others. Knock on wood I have had no bleeding at all, not even the day after. It seems to me that the spotting, etc is more common with the less evasive procedures than with the full abdominal cut. Seems backward to me.....
Totally agree with you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Re: Spotting and bleeding (POLL)

I don't know about a pattern of bleeding based on what surgical procedure you have. Mine was laparascopic and I had light bleeding for a few days after the surgery and that was it. I walked a lot and went up and down stairs from the first day ( I was told by the doctor that I could, so I did). I followed the lifting restriction very carefully when I was told not to lift anything heavier than 10-15 lbs for 6 weeks. I also made sure I sat and rested in between activities.
Unread 12-12-2013, 04:34 PM
Spotting and bleeding

I'm in week 5 and fairly active (I was out running errands & shopping 5 hours today), I try to walk up to 1 mile/day and I have not had any spotting or bleeding since my surgery (not even right after).

I do get super sore spots in my belly on either side of my incision when I'm on my feet too long or if I bend too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2013, 07:00 AM

Ok well I needed a pad, changed every few hours for the first 2 days post op, then just morning and night until day 4...but I wear panty liners all the time that I have to change every couple of hours as still spotting/light bleeding. Discharge was light brownish colour but just had a heavier fresh bleed. I'm 3wks post op this Thursday. My dr said I'd bleed/have discharge for the length of time as though post baby but reading all these posts has got me thinking is this really normal?? I'm pretty active having to care for 4 children but I'm not doing any heavy work like cleaning, washing etc.
Unread 12-16-2013, 08:28 AM

My experience was no spotting for the first week to ten days then spotting every day until at least week six. I was walking daily but not doing much else and not lifting anything - still careful not to lift too much. At my eight week checkup was told it was absolutely normal for some women to bleed/spot for six weeks. When the cuff is stitched together sometimes the two sides do not line up exactly and it can take a bit longer to heal.

As many have said, if you're not filling a pad in an hour, don't worry.
Unread 12-16-2013, 10:39 AM

My bleeding was on & off for about up to six weeks- but YES mostly when I would wipe after using the bathroom. I wore a panty liner- just in case, but there was minimal spotting. Unless you are filling up a pad, some light bleeding is part of the healing- so try not to panic. I also noticed the blood would be brighter red after a bowel movement.....(vaginally). Doc said lots of stitches near bowel and that is normal as well. Every week since week 6 has been better and better. I feel pretty much good as new.
Unread 12-16-2013, 02:09 PM

I didn't spot until about 3-1/2 weeks in after going back to work full time. (My surgery was done with the Davinci robot). I started feeling fairly normal again and began to do things around the house that I probably shouldn't have been doing - laundry, dishes, picking up around the house. The amount of blood and pain was directly related to how much I was doing. After resting, the bleeding would subside. Lesson learned! I'm at week 5 now and am feeling good most of the time and haven't had spotting in a couple of days. Hoping I've turned the corner!
Unread 12-16-2013, 03:07 PM

Hi all. I didn't start spotting until 10days post op & believe it's directly related to activity level. While I obeyed drs orders, I had moments where I may have stood & walked for too long and saw a direct connection with spotting.
Unread 12-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Spotting and bleeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by locimia View Post
Hi all. I didn't start spotting until 10days post op & believe it's directly related to activity level. While I obeyed drs orders, I had moments where I may have stood & walked for too long and saw a direct connection with spotting.
You are absolutely right! I forced myself to stay off my feet as we had a snow storm and u couldn't go out the house as it was.... And sure buff... The spotting went away.
Unread 12-16-2013, 06:28 PM
Re: Spotting and bleeding

This thread is making me feel better. I'm about 3 1/2 weeks after surgery, and had no spotting or bleeding until tonight. I didn't think I'd been doing very much at all, although I'm not resting like I did the first two weeks. It wasn't much, but it completely freaked me out. Checked two more times, and it's not like the first - now just very pink and watery. I'm going to rest and see what happens.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register