HysterSister book | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HysterSister book HysterSister book

Unread 06-04-2003, 03:22 PM
HysterSister book

Hi

Please do not think i am being cheap....I would love to support this site but rite now I can not......

Being in Canada if I buy the book it would be doulbe of the asking price. Plus duty as it comes from a store.

We can not afford it as Hubby may not have a job in July and I will not have a pay eaither......

Is there anyone who is willing to part with theirs? I am more then happy to pay for a used copy.

Thanks

Jaye
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2003, 03:24 PM
I have one!!

I have one and would be happy to send it to you...
look in my profile for my address and I will send it to you!
Sheila
Unread 06-04-2003, 04:22 PM
HysterSister book

((((((((shelia))))))))),

It is so sweet of you to send your book to ((((((((eeyore ))))))!!!!!!!!

You are an

Best wishes to both of you,

Pamcat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2003, 04:32 PM
HysterSister book

Sheila and Jaye.....

One of the things that drew me to Hystersisters and that keeps me here is "women helping women"; women reaching out to others that they don't even know.

Thank you, Sheila, for helping Jaye, and Jaye, thank you for allowing Sheila to do this for you. I hope this is the beginning of a lasting friendship between the two of you. s

Sheila, why don't you sign the book before you send it to Jaye. And Jaye, if you have the chance perhaps you can pass the book to another sister who can use it after you are finished with it (and after you've signed it). The idea of signing the book before you pass it on came from another member of this site a while back. It's a wonderful idea!
Unread 06-04-2003, 05:52 PM
HysterSister book

I have a tummy pillow that has never been used. Does anyone want it?

TC
Unread 06-04-2003, 06:28 PM
Tummy Pillow - YES!

I would love to have a tummy pillow.

Kelli
Unread 06-04-2003, 07:17 PM
Shelia!!

Thank-you!!

I think i pmed you but i am not sure i have never done so before.

Jaye
Unread 06-04-2003, 08:00 PM
my e mail...

I dont think I have it posted on my profile.... you can e mail me at
* * * admin note * * * email snipped, please use email button at bottom of post * * *
Sheila
Unread 06-04-2003, 09:11 PM
Hysters Sisters Guide

You ladies are very generous and helpful, that's what makes this site a great place. When I get through with my obsessive attachment to my Hysters Sisters Guide, I will also pass it along to some LIW with my notes and maybe I and help someone else too.

You all humble me.

Hugs and Kisses. Jo
Unread 06-04-2003, 09:35 PM
Generosity - long sorry!

I have not really posted here since joining, have really just been soaking in as much information as possible by following all of you. So bear with me while I ramble here.

I was told 10 years ago that I needed to do have a hysterectomy after 2 surgeries, lupron, depro, etc. due to endometriosis. I had already been battling it for three years by that point, but was only 25 and even though I knew I was done having kids (have two beautiful girls) I did not want to even consider it.

I chose a different path and bought myself some time...10 years. So I consider myself very lucky in many ways. However, even thought I recognized all of the symptoms months ago, I did not want to admit that the endo was back...and worse. So much so, I did not go to the doctor until I had to have my annual. They've said it is probably not just endo but adenomyosis. My uterus is huge now! Stage III dysplasia then came back from the pap.

I should have been, but I was in no way ready for this, sought a second with the blessing of my doctor and got the same answer. I scheduled the surgery, but put it off for as long as my doctor was comfortable with, and now wish I hadn't...but that's another story.

I wanted to give a bit of background, but the point I really want to make here is the impact of this site. I am huge into research for my job, so that spills over to my personal life. I wanted to know as much about a TAH/BSO as I could. I wanted to know what my doctor didn't say because I hadn't thought to ask.

I found this site and all of you. Wow! What a blessing all of you are. TexasChick and Sheilakahn are perfect examples of the generosity of the group as a whole. Whether it is sharing princess goodies or sharing stories or sharing laughter and tears or sharing hugs and kind thoughts, prayers and good wishes. I am truly humbled and amazed. And not only do each of you find your way here before your surgery, but you stay and help those of us that follow.

My life is truly richer with all of you in it. Thank you for everything you have done for all that have come before me, for all that you have done for me in just a few short days and for all that you will give in the coming months. I hope that I can give as much back after my castle trip as I have received.

God bless!

Kelli

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register