May 4th-ers... Anyone still up... pacing??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

May 4th-ers... Anyone still up... pacing??? May 4th-ers... Anyone still up... pacing???

Unread 05-03-2005, 10:14 PM
May 4th-ers... Anyone still up... pacing???

I am finishing my Go-Lytely, however, dh just left to buy me an enema, as the Go-Lytely isn't finishing the job like the pharmacist said it would... apparently I am more full of it than I thought This stinks as now I have had to do both However, I am hoping that by doing the enema that I can just finish this and maybe get some sleep which I am thinking is unlikely, but maybe I can stop running to the bathroom.

I just don't know how I am going to sleep tonight!

I think I have everything packed... Advance Directive, insurance pre-cert letter (mainly so that my doc won't kick me out before I am ready), my gowns, my books, a pair of sweats to come home in, some slippers... and hopefully my crown and t-shirt will arrive in the next few days so dh can bring them up to me! In the morning, I will put in my final toiletries, and my chapstick.

I am now just focusing on getting this surgery done. The emotions seem to be in check, however, I told dh that as soon as they start the IV in the morning, they are going to have to give me that nice pre-op cocktail

Dh and I, while I have been running to the bathroom, have been filling out our homestudy questionaire to keep our minds busy as we are adopting from Guatemala. We wanted to make sure that we got the paperwork before my surgery so that we could do it while I was recovering, but since I don't think I am going to sleep much tonight, I figured that I (we) might as well do it.

Anyway, I was just wondering if there was another May 4ther up, pacing, trying to sleep but can't.

If no one is up I just want to send you all my love and best wishes for your surgeries tomorrow.

Maggie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2005, 10:40 PM
May 4th-ers... Anyone still up... pacing???

Hope everything goes well for you!
I haven't started pacing yet, but I'm going in for my TAH on the 9th.
Try to get some sleep, at least some calm time.

C
Unread 05-03-2005, 10:56 PM
ME!

I go in at 8 AM. I've been done with the golytely now for almost 5 hours and I'm still going. Taking catnaps in between. I'm concerned that it isn't working - It's mostly liquid but is still brownish yellowish. Isn't it supposed to be clear?

I'm doing OK for the most part. Now that it's down to it, I'm just praying that this darn cyst is benign. I'm no longer fearful of the surgery itself.

Still, I can't believe it's happening, and so soon!

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers and I hope I'll be in yours!

Rebecca

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register