6 months post-op and NOW THIS?? WHY? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 months post-op and NOW THIS??  WHY? 6 months post-op and NOW THIS?? WHY?

Unread 05-07-2008, 08:51 PM
6 months post-op and NOW THIS?? WHY?

Hi everyone, I had a Total Abdominal Hysterectomy, removed the cervix & kept my ovaries.

I had been feeling GREAT!! Except the past 2 weeks, I'm suddenly frightened. And stunned! I don't know where to post this.....but I need someone's comments if you have ever been through this.

Feeling great & then all of a sudden NOT?? How could this possibly be??? My stomach aches..... for about 4 days in a row... at around the same hour... 10 pm. or so.... I have an achy stomach... my abdomen feels sore.. and I even have nausea!! I was feeling so ill one night... i had to move on my side & I finally fell asleep. One morning after urinating.. I didn't see blood.. but it looked a bit pinkish colour. Only had that happen once. And cramps!

Now.. for 3 weeks... my left leg/ KNEE is so sore. I think maybe it feels like my joint? it never hurt this bad sometimes I even limp! Now i feel like my mind is playing tricks on me.. and all of this is too coincidental.

I'm thinking if it continues towards the next few weeks I guess I better see my doc. but I really dont' want to.

All of this is just disappointing because I thought I was all thru being sick!

(By the way.. i'm single and do not have a partner. So this pain is not associated whatsoever from having intercourse or anything like that! ).

Anyways.. can anyone please let me know if you have felt this way after 6 months post!! why now? I would like to know.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2008, 08:58 PM

I'm sorry that you are going through this. I haven't gone through it, but I would suggest writing everything down on a calender. That way, when you do speak with the doctor, it will be all there. If it doesn't get better, don't wait to speak with your doctor. Good luck!
Unread 05-07-2008, 10:22 PM

Faith,
It must be discouraging to be having pain again, but I agree that you need to see the doctor. I just had my surgery 5 weeks ago, so unforturnately I don't know if this is normal or not.

It might be related to the surgery, but then again it might not. Your doctor will know what tests to do to figure out what is going on. I know that for me, it helps to write all my symptoms down and when they occurred (as suggested by crystalhart), because this way I can be specfic with the doctor. Also, if that doctor shrugs it off, go to another one.
I will keep you in my prayers. Keep us posted as to what happens.

Unread 05-07-2008, 10:23 PM

Faith,
I agree that you need to see the doctor. It might be related to the surgery, but then again it might not. Your doctor will know what tests to do to figure out what is going on. I know that for me, it helps to write all my symptoms down and when they occurred (as suggested by crystalhart), because this way I can be specfic with the doctor. Also, if that doctor shrugs it off, go to another one.
I will keep you in my prayers. Keep us posted as to what happens.
________
Hope50
Unread 05-07-2008, 10:34 PM

sorry faith you are feeling this way..please get in contact with your doctor asap.. and tell her/him what you have been experiencing, I have read that it could take 6 months to a year to completely heal inside..have you done anything outside of the norm recently? could it be stress? do you have a job where you do hard labor>?

well may God bless you and may the doctor give u some answers

stay blessed and keep ur faith in God

brandnew
Unread 05-08-2008, 05:06 AM

Hi Faith,
I am 3 months post op and I also have been having some joint pain everywhere but especially in my knee. I also have swelly belly at the end of the day but my job is a little too much lifting I think. I agree with the others you should see your dr.
Wish
Unread 05-08-2008, 05:55 AM

I think with all of the troubles and pains we ladies have had to endure, that it is so easy to always associate any new pains with our female problems. Have to remember that there are also that our digestive organs are relatively in the same area.

I agree with the others, think you should go to the doctor to check things out.
Unread 05-08-2008, 08:57 AM

I am 4 months post op and my right hip hurts when I am in bed.
Unread 05-08-2008, 10:31 AM

Please call or see your doctor. Trust me, it isn't worth waiting and wondering. It may be completely normal, but you should probably let the doctor decide that. I wish I hadn't put off calling because I thought it was just normal recovery stuff. By the time I finally got the courage to make the call at 4 months' postop, I had 4 ovarian cysts. Now at 6 months postop, I'm looking at another surgery. This isn't meant to scare you. I just hope you won't end up doing what I did, which is to totally ignore the advice the other sisters have given you to call or see the doctor. I hope that your pain will go away soon and that everything will turn out to be normal.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register