Pre-op visit yesterday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op visit yesterday Pre-op visit yesterday

Unread 03-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Pre-op visit yesterday

I had my pre-op visit yesterday (davinci scheduled for March 29th). It looks like I am loosing just about everything. She is planning on taking the uterus, both ovaries, tubes and cervix. When she was running down the list of what was going I felt like all she needed to add was "and the kitchen sink". We are doing a bowel prep which includes a light diet starting 2 days prior and drinking 4 oz. of Magnesium Citrate the morning before.

I have to arrive at the hospital @ 5:00 AM with my procedure scheduled for 7:30 AM (first one of the day). She is not planning on keeping me overnight but that might happen if my platelets drop during/after the surgery. I have a blood disorder called ITP which just means that my blood platelets drop very low for no known reason. So far, platelets are on the low side of normal so hopefully it won't complicate things.

I am going to have HRT (a patch for the estrogen and a cream for testosterone) to hopefully not have a huge problem with medical menopause.

Everything they take out will be send to pathology and depending on what they find we will go from there on treatment options.

I was very nervous until going to the Dr yesterday and having her take all the time my husband and I needed to discuss what was going to happen and why. We both felt like we have made the best choices for me to have the best outcome possible.

I would highly recommend printing off the pre-op checklist to discuss at your appointment. I was so nervous and scattered that I know I would have forgotten to ask some things and found having a printed list was extremely helpful. I left feeling like I had all the information I needed to feel comfortable with our choices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Re: Pre-op visit yesterday

Dear Coffee,

I too printed out the Pre-Op Checklist. Scratched off what wouldn't apply to me, and then added things that did, and I needed/wanted to know. (I tend to be quiet at Dr. Offices and not say things that probably should have been said/shared/discussed.) I also do like you and get nervous. My mind is scattered and then it takes a while to finally get things out. (I'm always SO thankful for a Dr. that patiently waits.) I'm a quiet person and find that it's frustrating to talk...especially about physical issues.

I'm glad your husband went with you. That he is supporting you in this. Not only with the decision, but also with his physical pressence. That is comfort. And care.

My surgery is also planned for first thing in the morning (7:30 a.m.). I'm glad. I'm a morning person and it will be nice to have it done first thing. (Won't be stewing about it during the day then.) I'll have an hour and a half drive to the city it is in (we live in the country), but that will be okay.

I am hoping to keep my ovaries (GYN hopes to as well) and would like to talk about maybe saving my cervix. We'll see.

Thank you for posting.

I pray everything goes well for you and that your recovery is good/speedy.
Unread 03-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Re: Pre-op visit yesterday

Hi there- I am scheduled for Robotic on April 8th @ 7:00 a.m.my Dr. is taking everything as I will turn 49 the day after and he said that would be best since Menopause isn't far off ! I wish you well. The waiting is the Worst.

Meow-

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register