Multiple fibroids and laproscopic hysterectomy? (surgery 4/18) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Multiple fibroids and laproscopic hysterectomy? (surgery 4/18) Multiple fibroids and laproscopic hysterectomy? (surgery 4/18)

Unread 04-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Re: Any ladies have multiple fibroids and had laproscopic hysterectomy?

I'm having a TLH as long as everything goes as planned. I have 3 Fibroids as well same as Diva1908. When I had my Right ovary removed due to fibroids loving my major organs they had to cut. We are hoping not to cut this time but I'm preparing myself for it. I have a question though, my lower back pain is horrible a 9 on a scale and it's constant. Any suggestions? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Multiple fibroids and laproscopic hysterectomy? (surgery 4/18)

Hi wintergrace, my uterus was the size of a 12 week pregnancy and full of fibroids, laparoscopic hyst was a success. Best Wishes to you Sister!
Unread 04-16-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfreegal View Post
I'm having a TLH as long as everything goes as planned. I have 3 Fibroids as well same as Diva1908. When I had my Right ovary removed due to fibroids loving my major organs they had to cut. We are hoping not to cut this time but I'm preparing myself for it. I have a question though, my lower back pain is horrible a 9 on a scale and it's constant. Any suggestions? Thanks
could you try Doan's backpain pills? Ask your dr first of course - they may have something better for you as well. How about heating pads? Those are godsends as well. <3 to you.

My endo loved my insides so much they hogged organs as well as bladder and bowel and shoved it all all the way over to my right side! uterus was rock solid petrified and the endo had taken my ovaries, pulled them down and UNDER my uterus and glued the tips of my ovaries together like they were kissing. My surgeon NEVER saw anything remotely like that in 20+ years of doing hysters et al. Needless to say she stared for a good few minutes after getting inside there.

I know we're to 'love our lady parts' but my uterus took it to a whole new level. Hoarding thing. So glad it's out! I am at 10% healing today 4 days out and feel 100% better. SO glad I did this. The worrying I had prior to surgery was unfounded though normal. <3 I can't wait for you to feel the same great feelings after. I mean healing pains aside of course. In this case, pain is definitely weakness leaving the body. Bring it ON. <3
Unread 04-16-2013, 08:16 PM

I had a grapefruit sized fibroid and a golf ball sized one and at least one other smaller one. (I'll find out all the details tomorrow) I was scheduled for DaVinci surgery with the chance of having to do abdominal. She was able to get it all out without cutting me open but I'm definitely sore "down there" because of all the stretching. She had to take the large fibroid out in pieces and also my uterus (it was 680 grams!).

I think it all depends on your doctor. Just relax and think happy thoughts!

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Unread 04-16-2013, 09:55 PM

Hi wintergrace,
I had multiple fibroids with two of them being just on 20mmx19mm. I also had an extra one, smaller, that was not picked up previously with the internal pelvic ultra sound. The ultra-sound was quite accurate though with the size of the fibroids that it did pick up so I don't know if you've already been told of their approx. size but I had a total laproscopic hysterectomy and had both the ovaries tubes and cervix removed without the need of an abdominal cut. Hope this helps you and wishing you the best of luck! You'll be fine so don't worry.xoxo.
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:11 PM

I had a TLH with a uterus at 10-12 week pregnancy. My surgeon said that she needed to cut my uterus in half to remove it but was successful. I had a large fibroid growing into the uterus that caused many of my problems. I had multiple other fibroids throughput my uterus. I'm recovering well and will be going back to work on 4/24.
Unread 04-17-2013, 12:58 AM

Like Diva, I'm having SAH due to a 20-wk size uterus, but with a canteloupe, a few golf balls, and several "peas" But I had a doctor who felt she could have done it laparascopically at 18-wk size. So 13-16 wk sounds promising. Hope you wake up with just the small incisions.
Unread 04-17-2013, 04:34 AM

Well, I will be finding out tomorrow!!! I'm feeling optimistic about it (cautiously)
Unread 04-17-2013, 07:52 AM
Multiple fibroids and laproscopic hysterectomy? (surgery 4/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintergrace View Post
I have about 5 fibroids,,my Dr. said he will try to do hysterectomy laproscopically first,,but I may end up being cut (which is what I was expecting)

I had another gyno tell me, he would probably not be able to do it laproscopically as my uterus is probablly too big.

Just wondering if the laproscopic ladies have fibroids or can they get it done that way because they Dont?
My surgery was march 25. I was told same thing and was prepared to be cut but when i woke up dr had done it all laproscopic! My uterus was huge he said and lots of fibroids and advanced andenomyosis as well as bladder and uterus fused together from scar tissue. Surgery took 4 1/2 hrs but he did it and my recovery has been great!! All the best!
Unread 04-17-2013, 08:22 AM

Now that is awesome news!!! I'm feeling more & more sure they will do it laproscopically!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register