Don't be afraid! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Don't be afraid! Don't be afraid!

Unread 08-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Re: Don't be afraid!

I am so glad I read this post!! My surgery is coming up and I have pre-op tomorrow. I have been nervous but really trying to think positive and just give it to God. Thank you for reminding me of this!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2011, 10:31 PM

God is Great. I'm so thankful for everything he has given me and allowed me to accomplish in life.

I was scared just like most of you are now. I truly had a good experience in the hospital and was very thankful for that.

I'am wearing my belly binder and I do think it is helping some. I will say I'am more sore today that I was yesterday. I think I over did it and my body is letting me know. My right side hurts more, probably due to the scar tissue that was removed on that side.

I will say I don't think the pain meds help all that much, but the pain is more a soreness than hard pain. Its something that is bothersome but tolerable.

I've been trying to do the breathing thing. Now this does hurt. I would advise everyone to keep the breathing treatment up.

Wishing everyone the best of luck in their surgeries and praying for quick healing.
Unread 08-25-2011, 11:18 AM

I bought the Perfect Pocket binder from this site and I like it. LOVE the cold packs. It does help with holding things in place and giving support from the giggling. I find now, that walking does make things giggle on the inside and will start hurting a little so it does help.

Had TAH, vertical incision 10 days ago. I just started wearing the binder a couple days ago but have been using the cold packs since I came home.

I just couldn't take the pain of the binder at first. It was very uncomfortable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2011, 08:47 AM

"Sisters", I am now two day post-op and loving it! So thankful for all who took care of me, they were all very, very supportive. Once wheeled into O.R., the anesthesiologist was very comforting and before I knew it I was in the recovery room. The nurse who took care of me was wonderful as well as the nurse who took care of after they took me to my room. It's normal to feel anxiety prior to surgery, but you have to look forward because it all works out in the end and I feel great. Yesterday I felt like I could take on the world, today I feel that my cervix and uterus have been removed so I will now relax and read and what some of my favorite movies.
Be strong sisters, you are stronger than you think.....it will be ok I PROMISE!!
Unread 08-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Don't be afraid!

Hi there. Just want to tell you 'YOU ARE COMPLETELY NORMAL'!! I'm a self- confessed housework hoarder and like to kid myself on a daily basis that my house will fall apart without me! People tell me to get a cleaner for 6 weeks (my TAH is booked for 5 Sept) but I say I am doing a disservice to my 5 kids (ages 13 to 18) and my totally housetrained, competent, wonderful masterchef husband (he'll like reading that part) if I don't let them all look after me and the place they call home. I look at my upcoming surgery as an opportunity for my kids to learn empathy, to learn to care more for the people they live with, and to learn the importance of having a mother who not only works outside the home, but manages to make a cosy clean happy environment within the home for them and their ever increasing circle of friends to hang out in!! Man we are awesome aren't we?! So don't suppress the guilt over not being there, just feel it and then wrap it up in a little imaginary box and shelve it! You can open it later. We mothers always do. But Through this your kids will learn your irreplaceable place in their lives. What a wonderful gift you are giving them!

Ok all that said, I'm scared as heck. I hate needles and hospitals make me gag just thinking about the smell of them. So I'm a big baby - waaaaaah! But I won't tell the kids .... Hahaha. xox
Unread 08-26-2011, 02:20 PM

Oh I'm bad at this. My reply was for HollieAyne. Hope you can figure that out!
Unread 09-01-2011, 09:23 AM

I didn't use one but I have been using a formed memory pillow. Use it for the ride home, for coughing/laughing, sleeping/napping...thinking now that maybe it would have been nice to use when walking around...by the end of the afternoon/early evening I find myself walking hunched over more and if I walked around too much the previous day I wake up with a hunched posture.
Unread 09-01-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legal68 View Post
Hi there. Just want to tell you 'YOU ARE COMPLETELY NORMAL'!! I'm a self- confessed housework hoarder and like to kid myself on a daily basis that my house will fall apart without me! People tell me to get a cleaner for 6 weeks (my TAH is booked for 5 Sept) but I say I am doing a disservice to my 5 kids (ages 13 to 18) and my totally housetrained, competent, wonderful masterchef husband (he'll like reading that part) if I don't let them all look after me and the place they call home. I look at my upcoming surgery as an opportunity for my kids to learn empathy, to learn to care more for the people they live with, and to learn the importance of having a mother who not only works outside the home, but manages to make a cosy clean happy environment within the home for them and their ever increasing circle of friends to hang out in!! Man we are awesome aren't we?! So don't suppress the guilt over not being there, just feel it and then wrap it up in a little imaginary box and shelve it! You can open it later. We mothers always do. But Through this your kids will learn your irreplaceable place in their lives. What a wonderful gift you are giving them!

Ok all that said, I'm scared as heck. I hate needles and hospitals make me gag just thinking about the smell of them. So I'm a big baby - waaaaaah! But I won't tell the kids .... Hahaha. xox
Thanks...glad I'm not the only one. I've been prepping the kids for this. Getting everything ready for school the night before while Daddy can supervise. I got a desk organizer for any paperwork that the kids need looked at so everyone knows where is goes and where to look for it. The house is ready...now to just get the show on the road. Good luck to you next week.
Unread 09-01-2011, 07:08 PM

Thanks HollieAyne - good luck to you too - will be thinking of you! You are 4 days after me, but lucky you, you get laparascopic! Down here in NZ they don't offer us that if your uterus is too big, darn it all. So I will be smiling from hip to hip - haha! I did my pre-op and bloods today and will be heading into hospital 11am Monday.

Will most likely 'talk' on the other side!
Unread 09-01-2011, 07:40 PM

Thank you for sharing! It's very encouraging. I have wanted to read the post-op threads but am forcing myself not to . . . I'll cross that bridge when it comes! Thanks again and continued best wishes for a quick recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register