Not Scheduled after 10 yrs of dealing with endometrosis it's time for a hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

after 10 yrs of dealing with endometrosis it's time for a hysterectomy after 10 yrs of dealing with endometrosis it's time for a hysterectomy

Unread 06-12-2011, 06:25 PM
after 10 yrs of dealing with endometrosis it's time for a hysterectomy

I had my semi-annual visit with gyn and I was told the pain I've been having is because my uterus is enlarge again and the endometrosis is back. Now at 32 I find myself planning a hysterectomy and I realized how scare I am. Any words of support and ideas as to what I need to start looking at would appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Re: after 10 yrs of dealing with endometrosis it's time for a hysterectomy

You'll come through it just fine! First you're going to want to know what type of hysterectomy you're going to have, both mechanically (abdominal, vaginal, Da Vinci etc.) and what parts are going to be removed (uterus/cervix/ovaries). From there you can get more info on what to expect/what'll be happening. This is a great place for information and support. Good luck to you!!
Unread 06-12-2011, 06:51 PM

I'm going in for the hyst. for severe endo with bad bad adhesions to organs all stickin' together. I'm having a LAVH (laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hyst.) and one cystic ovary removed on 6/22, the adhesions to important organs and severity require an oncological gyn who has worked with this type of endo to assist. They are going to get as much of it out as they can and "detach" everything in there. Man, it hurts like you know what. Looking forward to some relief. We'll be just fine <3 There is a lot of info out there and people who warn against having hyst. for endo but in the end it's our individual decision and we have to listen to our gut feelings. For me the risk of its possible return is worth it to get everything separated out down there, just too severe. Work with your doctor and find out as much as you can. We can do this. HUGS! xo r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2011, 07:31 PM
after 10 yrs of dealing with endometrosis it's time for a hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaquagrrl View Post
I'm going in for the hyst. for severe endo with bad bad adhesions to organs all stickin' together. I'm having a LAVH (laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hyst.) and one cystic ovary removed on 6/22, the adhesions to important organs and severity require an oncological gyn who has worked with this type of endo to assist. They are going to get as much of it out as they can and "detach" everything in there. Man, it hurts like you know what. Looking forward to some relief. We'll be just fine <3 There is a lot of info out there and people who warn against having hyst. for endo but in the end it's our individual decision and we have to listen to our gut feelings. For me the risk of its possible return is worth it to get everything separated out down there, just too severe. Work with your doctor and find out as much as you can. We can do this. HUGS! xo r
Thanks for the input. The LAVH is what leaning towards since they will have remove both ovaries and I really want to minimize recovery time. I think is just the reality check of having it done while on my early 30s that is hitting harder than anything.
Unread 06-12-2011, 07:36 PM

The LAVH seems like a really good way to go. As for being so young, I can totally imagine that is really tough. I'm 47 and it's still feels weird. Keep talking it out. This site is really nice for support. xo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register