Waiting on docs and Pain Meds | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Waiting on docs and Pain Meds Waiting on docs and Pain Meds

Unread 01-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Waiting on docs and Pain Meds

Haven't been here in a few days but i have an update. Had phone consult with gyno today. Found out he will not be in until 2nd week of Feb. See urologist on Jan 28. Urologist has been out the whole month of Jan. I will be having tvh and urethral sling. Thought it was bladder sling until today when I talked to gyn. Surgery will be scheduled after I see uro. I'm just so afraid surgery will not be scheduled early enough. The doctors have to cooincide date. Hoping it will be soon. The other girl in my office will be going on vacation April 13 and I have to be back to work before she leaves. Will I have time to recover?

Also have a question for those who have already been down the tvh/sling road. My gyno told me today that he only uses percocet for pain after surgery. Does this sound right? Is this enough to control the pain afterwards? I'm truly afraid of the pain. Maybe the urologist will give something stronger. Will I need something stronger?

Just feeling depressed because I thought this would all be over by now. Just finished my period and celebrated it's demise too early. No way will surgery be over by the time it hits me again next month. One more month of pain.(hopefully)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2009, 10:46 PM

Sorry you're going through so much.

Just think each period is going to solidify the reason you're doing this.

Percocet comes in 5, 7 and 10 mg strengths. I got 10 right after and it cut the pain enough for a day. Then I went to 5's for a couple days and then I went to Darvocet 100s.

Kara
Unread 01-14-2009, 01:37 PM

Is your dr. going to use percoset in the hospital? I had a pain pump for the first 18 hours, then was switched to percoset. I also was getting toradol for inflammation. It worked fine. I had percoset (5's, I think) to take at home. I took motrin also to help with the inflammation.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register