tvh, any ideas on comfortable way to sleep? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

tvh, any ideas on comfortable way to sleep? tvh, any ideas on comfortable way to sleep?

Unread 10-11-2005, 07:48 AM
tvh, any ideas on comfortable way to sleep?

Hi all,
I'm one week post op today from tvh/bso. All in all I'm doing pretty well, but does anyone have any ideas on a good ing position? I have tons of pillows in my bed (under my head and knees) because I've only been able to lay on my back so far. I'm a right side sleeper normally, but if I do that it feels like something is pulling where my uterus was.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks, LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2005, 08:49 AM

I am about 11 days post op and having the same problem. Wearing snug underwear has helped some. Today I was told a belly band (like the pregnancy band or the one sold here) would help give support. I am going to try it! I am starting to think I could sleep longer if I could just stay comfortable!

Good luck.

Laura TAHBSO
Unread 10-11-2005, 09:04 AM

I had a LAVH, but wish I had a recliner at that time. I couldn' t stand laying down in bed and any position. I felt the most comfortable surrounded by pillows in a semi-up position on my comfy sofa.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2005, 09:27 AM

After about two weeks I found I could support my swelly belly on a small pillow. "Industrial" underwear definitely helps, it also helped me with the burning and incredibly sensitive skin on my belly. My Dr. said it was caused by nerves that were stretched during surgery. It is definitely less sensitive now.
Unread 10-11-2005, 10:36 AM

Hi Littlelefty,

Welcome Home!! Glad to hear you are home and things are going well. I've been thinking about you!

I also couldn't initially sleep on my side and my back paid for it, but I found I was much better when I was home from the hospital, laying in my own bed in a non-reclined position and I have a down pillow that I could bunch up next to me where I needed to. Another position that helped was as Theresa posted - I went on our comfy sofa in a more upright position with lots of pillows. That helped a lot too.

Hope you get comfy soon and have a speedy recovery!!

Kristi
Unread 10-11-2005, 11:15 AM

I know this sounds strange, but the most comfortable positon for me was on my stomach. I put a small pillow between my bellybutton and chest and could sleep good this way.

LAVH for fibroids
Unread 10-11-2005, 12:42 PM

you gals are great! First it's "buy xlg granny panties" now it's "industrial strength" panties lol!!! My DH is not going to believe this! Have to send him to K-mart!
Hi kristi, hope you are doing well, too! I've been wondering about you, also!
smith, on my stomach? You scare me...but I'm ready to try anything!
Thanks again. LL
Unread 10-11-2005, 12:55 PM

Hey littlelefty,
s sweet Sister! Congrats on becoming a Princess! I am a right side sleeper, too, and had an awful time sleeping after my hyst., and have had a difficult time sleeping recently, after my GB surgery, as well...having the "pulling" sensation-up higher, of course..where my GB was. I have found that sleeping on my right side is possible, but putting pillows all along my back and legs...kind of pushing me over to the right...and a pillow in between my knees. I take Ambien, but have found that post op, I am not able to get relief from that, either. I wish you the best, and hope you can get some sleep, soon!!

Christy
Unread 10-11-2005, 01:08 PM

Hi, I was able to sleep on my side if I supported my belly with a pillow, also my top knee and thigh. Hope you find a comfortable position. If you are doing ok with little or no pain meds, how about trying a little more at bedtime?
Cathy
Unread 10-11-2005, 03:07 PM

Hi, Im 12days Post-op And These Last Few Nights Ive Been Sleeping On My Left Side By Putting 2 Pillows By My Side,1 Under Tum And 1 Under Knee Then Rolloing Sort Of Onto Them Abit And Dh Has Wedged A Pillowunder The Small Of My Back So Sort Of Like Being Cacooned All Round, Very Comfy And Took Pressure Off Tum,back And Bum,ive Also Been Wearing Granny Knickers But Bit Scared Of Getting Thrush So Sent Dh To Asda And Been Wearing Mens Cotton Boxers, Lets A Bit Of Air In To Circulate. Goodluck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register