Feb 22 was my hysterectomy date. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feb 22 was my hysterectomy date. Feb 22 was my hysterectomy date.

Unread 03-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Feb 22 was my hysterectomy date.

Hi everyone.
I'm just reposting this from the introduce yourself forum.
I'm a married 42yr old mom of two teens.
Febraury22/2007.That's when I had a radical hysterectomy. Actually I also had a huge fibroid about the size of a full term pregnancy (sounds yuck I know).The fibroid was a twisty one and they couldn't save anything,plus I had reruptured an abdominal umbilical hernia really badly ,so they also had to patch that up as well. After many blood tranfusions,much pain ,and tears...I am finaly on the road to recovery.
Night sweats...boy I get them bad ,I change into a clean dry nightgown every night, although the past three nights ,it's been pretty good.
Was on so many narcotics in the hospital,morphine ,demoral,ect,but I made sure the strongest thing I was taking home was tylenol...those drugs were good,but too many side effects.
The only thing I am taking is my daily multi-vitamin,iron,codliver oil,an antibiotic nu-cephalex,and finally premerin.
I am taking it one day at a time,just got my staples out,and am still sore ,but not in pain 24/7 like the first week.
So far I have had no problems going to the bathroom,1&2. It's a bit sluggish ,but Maybe that's on the account of me not being very active at the moment or the iron pills.
The great thing is ,I won't be getting my period anymore,YIPEEEEEEEE. I suffered so bad with that in past, I just can't quite rap my head around not having them anymore,lol.My hubby just can't imagine it either,as he suffered with me as well,poor thing,lol.
I was in hospital 10 ten days. The nurses were good,but mainly were there to give me pain meds,nothing more. They really didn't care about my comfort.Those hosital beds are killers.
My surgeon and doctor were not all that helpfull,so Iooks like I will be doing alot of investigation myself.
It's been an experience,and I really don't know what to expect in the future,but looks like this site has alot to offer.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2007, 12:24 PM

I am glad you are home and on the road to recovery! There are lots of helpful sisters on this site, and you are almost guaranteed to have someone who knows an answer to your questions. Take it easy and don't over do it. You had a lot of work done to your insides. Hope you continue to have a boring, uneventful recovery!

carrie
Unread 03-07-2007, 12:32 PM

Welcome Monaz! I had a gargantuan fibroid too. Not fun. I'm 29 and just had my TAH on 2/8/2007. I wish you an easy recovery. Remember to take it slow and pamper yourself. Trust me, going back to the hospital is no fun I hope you enjoy the site. I sure do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2007, 12:43 PM

Well, at least it is over...Right? I agree about the hospital beds...how are you supposed to get a good night's sleep? I sure didn't....lol But had insomnia at first so I guess it didn't make much difference. I can tell you...there are ups and downs, but things are getting much better at the 4+ month stage for me! Good luck with your recovery...I think you will find it was well worth it! I just wish the energy level came back as fast! But day by day I am getting more energy...thank goodness! Please keep in touch...this is a great place for information!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register