Incision pain after 10 weeks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Incision pain after 10 weeks Incision pain after 10 weeks

Unread 01-20-2006, 04:01 PM
Incision pain after 10 weeks

Ok ladies--I have a good one for you to ponder....

I had my total abdominal hyst on Nov 7. I had been feeling pretty darned good. Now, all of a sudden this week, my incision site is really tender again. It doesn't hurt if I'm still, but if I'm moving or touch it all all, it's really painful.

Anybody with similar pains? Any ideas on what it could be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2006, 04:26 PM

Dear Mebin,

I am 4 months post op. I had a vertical incison.

I still have "tenderness" to the left side of my incison.

It seems to improve every week-but I can understand your concern. Seems like we all are supposed to be totally pain free @ 6-8 weeks.

Hang in there-it does get better-and if the pain is really bothersome, see your Dr.

Unread 01-20-2006, 04:28 PM
pain

I am having some pain too...but I kind of was thinking its b/c the nerve endings are coming back to life....
just a thought?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2006, 05:34 PM

Yes, this happened to me too, right at the ten week mark. Must be the magic number. It is still a little tender if I move just right, but the soreness is starting to ease. I figured that I was just feeling so good that I did more than I was ready to do.
Unread 01-20-2006, 06:13 PM

Me too. I was feeling really good but this week I did a whole lot more than before and I am so sore. We do not know what will bother us until we do something. It certainly is a learning experience.

Best wishes to everyone...
Unread 01-21-2006, 05:01 AM

Thanks, Girls. I hate to wish pain on anyone, but it IS nice to know I'm not the only one. Have a nice (painfree) day!
Unread 01-21-2006, 05:55 AM

Hi!

Interesting, because here I am at 12 weeks post-op and guess what...I feel pain or rather a discomforting pressure around my incision (behind my belly button) and radiating out to my right hip. Slight discomfort on my left hip, but its really just a feeling of pressure. Its not excruciating pain, mind you, its just well letting me know its there.

I figured last week's cleaning fest triggered this, although why would I feel this a week after? Perhaps I did too much. In any event, I realize I'm not alone in this phenomenon.

This is day two of this feeling, so I'm wondering how long everyone experienced their post-op pain. I'm contemplating calling my physician if this continues past the weekend.

Thanks!
Unread 01-21-2006, 08:40 AM

Yep me too.
I am 81/2 weeks out from surgery and incision pain. I was coughing alot this week and the pressure and pain from that beneath and adjacent to my incision was horrendous. I was back to placing pillows on my tummy to brace for the coughs.

Soothankful

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register