Waterlogged and de-hydrated! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Waterlogged and de-hydrated! Waterlogged and de-hydrated!

Unread 04-16-2006, 04:09 PM
Waterlogged and de-hydrated!

Okay, surgery is tomorrow @ 6am. I've taken my second bottle of Go-go juice (Phosphate Laxative 1.5 ml) and keep drinking like they told me. But, I feel waterlogged, have a touch of nausea and feel de-hydrated all at the same time. Will this stop soon or continue on until morning? Anything that helps?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Waterlogged and de-hydrated!

You were probably instructed to continue with fluids until around midnite--these instructions are given to help ward off dehydration that occurs with bowel preps...Unfortunately even following those directions slight dehydration usually occurs and yes it makes you feel terrible. The medical staff at the hospital is prepared for you to be feeling bad and dehydrated and will get your IV started not long after you arrive. Once that starts you'll start feeling better with each passing minute. Then it'll be lights out and you'll wake up with it all being behind you.

good luck
diana

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register