Anyone have surgery around 11th june? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone have surgery around 11th june? Anyone have surgery around 11th june?

Unread 07-11-2009, 02:19 AM
Anyone have surgery around 11th june?

Hi Sisters,

I had my Hysterectomy on 11th June 2009 and I would like to share my post-op experience with others. Is there anyone out there who has had their surgery around that same date?
I had a laparoscopic surgery with 4 stomach incisions.
I was discharged after only 2 days and unfortunately developed an internal infection with a fever the first week but Im over that now.

I have had my uterus removed but I still have my ovaries. My Post-op doctors' visit is this Tuesday so Im looking forward to finding out what exactly was done to me.

I still have pain and pins and needle sensations around my belly and side of belly. My belly sometimes feels swollen and like a balloon. Is this normal? It comes on and off.

Will my belly always be like that now? I sure hope not...

Is there anyone who wants to share their experiences with me? I'd love compare notes...

Looking forward to a chat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2009, 02:40 AM
Re: Anyone have surgery around 11th june?

Hi Morticia -
Had a TVH with some additional repairs in Brisbane on June 8th, so fairly different surgery and with 5 days in hospital.
We have ovaries in common and my post-op appointment is also on Tuesday.
I felt better than I expected to after the immediate post-op period which unfortunately involved vomiting and fluctuations in blood pressure, but recovery has been a bit slower than I had expected.
J
Unread 07-11-2009, 04:59 AM

Hi Judna,

Thank you for your interest and reply.
I hope you will feel much stronger soon. My recovery is very slow as well.
My Coleague at work was telling me how she was back at work after 2 weeks. I didnt believe her. Im dumbfounded as to how quickly some women can recover.
Its been 4 weeks and only today did I feel well enough to spend 3 hours at the shops, although I felt very tired and sore afterwards, it felt great getting out of the house.
Sorry to sound ignorant but what does TVH stand for?

M63
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2009, 05:11 AM

TVH = total vaginal hysterectomy
Was at shops for an hour or so also today, then spent the afternoon resting with panadol and hot water bottle.
There are lots of posts that say we'll have much more energy by end of week 6. I'm certainly looking forward to that.

J
Unread 07-11-2009, 07:06 AM

hi! i had my RALH on the 19th- a little over 3 weeks ago- the first 2 weeks were rough but gradually i began to feel a little better each day! in the begining of the "feeling good" days, i have to admit i overdid it cuz i was so excited to be able to do anything- realized that i need to be patient and go slow!!! still tired but feeling ok- 1 week left and then back to work! i am scared..... everything you are feeling i did too....... my belly has gone down a lot but not entirely.... still a weird sensation around the incisions... but getting less and less.... good luck.... feel good!!!!! RELAX
Unread 07-11-2009, 07:19 AM

I had daVinic RALH, also on the 19th, and I am feeling quite well. There are some days when I got tired, but overall my good days have been very good. My tummy swell has gone down, but I also do a lot of walking, which is good for relieving gas. I find that I still get gassy, but its not anything that I can't handle. My belly button incision has healed very well, and the other three are finally not feeling as hard as they were in the beginning.
Unread 07-11-2009, 10:19 AM

Had TVH on June 11 and I am doing much better. I have had more energy and I am slowly starting to do more like drive, light cleaning, and shopping.

I still have pain when it is time for a BM, mostly cramplike pulling on left side. I do have IBS though.
I also get lower back pain in the afternoons.
I still have ovaries and last month I noticed PMS, so I am going to pay attention to that this month to see if it was post op pain or my ovaries.

I do feel like I am slowly getting my life back. I only take a motrin if I feel some lower back pain. Oh and I still get gas sometimes.

I have seen my dr. twice and I go for my 6 week check up on July 21. As of my 4 week check up I still had all stitches.

Good luck to all you ladies!!!!
Unread 07-14-2009, 07:18 AM

Hi girls,
Thanks GeorgiaPeach for the tip on gas. I will use that walk method.LOL

I have noticed that we are all feeling that tiredness by the end of the day. We'll get there!!!

I had my Post-op visit with my doc today.He showed me pics of what was done. Now I understand why I have been in so much pain. I have alot of internal stitches. He said it was just as well I had my uterus removed as It was a mess and my cervix is also gone. I kept my ovaries though...woohoo! I guess...

Yesterday was a good day and I managed to clean my pantry but I was totally stuffed after that and had to put my feet up the rest of the afternoon. I got excited thinking I was superhuman again LOL

Doc said I will need another 2 weeks at least to feel better. He also told me to try and push myself to do things everyday....I have been convalescing too much and thats why I have a backache? Im not sure I liked the sound of that. I thought thats what we are suppose to do.

My stitches havent disolved yet so in this next 2 weeks Im supposed to notice some spotting. At least Im having some better days

Unread 07-14-2009, 11:26 AM

Hello!
I had a TAH on 6-8-09. I too feel the swelling. I have found that I feel good in the am- then around 2:00 the swelling begins.
I am 5 weeks post op, and am beginning to feel human again, which I am thankful for!
My 6 wk check is on 7-21. At my 4 wk check I still had some internal stitches.
I have also found that walking (in moderation) does help!
Unread 07-16-2009, 01:13 AM

Hi Sisters,

Judna,How did you go with your Post-Op?
All good?

I went out to the shops again yesterday and walked around for about an hour and a half. I felt quite sore afterwards and today Im like a rag doll. Very tired.

Im going out again tomorrow for another couple of hours if I can. Im trying to slowly push myself and get my body more active. Im also going nuts at home and need to get out and about.
I m hoping that in another 3 weeks I will be back at work. Lets see if that happens...it will only be casual hours though.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register