Ufe hormone hell. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ufe hormone hell. Ufe hormone hell.

Unread 07-19-2014, 08:57 PM
Ufe hormone hell.

I had a UFE four months ago. Pretty uneventful until 5th week I passed a fibroid. Since then cycles have been lighter but not light enough. 3rd months twitching buzzing in legs and uterus had me begging for an ultrasound. Now I have a complex cyst in each ovary that wasn't there pre UFE.

Each month for a week or two. I swell cry, buzz, twitch like crazy, depressed dizzy exhausted. Finally went to a lady recommended to me for hormones. As one day I'm fine next day I'm a mess. She thinks I could be in perimenopause.

This weekend I'm just sick to my stomach and low grade fever and if course the never ending buzzing legs. I feel hopeless, lost and confused.

What did I do to myself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2014, 05:27 AM
Re: Ufe hormone hell.

Sorry you're going through all this but it does get better.
I am afew weeks shy from a year out. I passed two huge fibroids as well. Recovery wasn't easy but so worth it. It took my ovaries about six months before they woke up and my hormones leveled out.
The buzzing/twitching can be caused by anemia. If your levels are lowered it can cause this. Mine were doing the same thing. I was in pretty bad shape after bleeding so heavily.
As far as the hormones go, my surgeon put me on bio indentical progesterone cream after my procedures. I did UFE and a vaginal myomectomy together.
Do you know if you have any other fibroids left in your uterus? My doctors monitored me very closely over the course of my recovery. I pretty much felt awful while my fibroids were dying off though. An US to check wouldn't be a bad idea.
My recovery wasn't the norm but yours sounds similar to mine. It took some time but everything is back to normal.
A call to your doctor is a good idea too. Let them know about that fever and feeling unwell. They can run blood work to check if infection is present.
Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 07-20-2014, 03:35 PM
Re: Ufe hormone hell.

Yeah I went to the er. My largest fibroid is down to 4.8 from 7.5 and 3 smaller ones around 2.4 and smaller. The large one was 5.5 a month ago so still degenerating. I now have cysts both ovaries. The left one burst last night. The right one still there at 5.5cm. Those popped up after the UFE but surgeon says no way surgery caused it. I disagree. It's a complex cyst. Blah. Good times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2014, 03:45 PM
Ufe hormone hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreeve View Post
Yeah I went to the er. My largest fibroid is down to 4.8 from 7.5 and 3 smaller ones around 2.4 and smaller. The large one was 5.5 a month ago so still degenerating. I now have cysts both ovaries. The left one burst last night. The right one still there at 5.5cm. Those popped up after the UFE but surgeon says no way surgery caused it. I disagree. It's a complex cyst. Blah. Good times.
Oh no infection my white was high beginning of week but back to normal now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register