Estradiol Help Needed!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Estradiol Help Needed!! Estradiol Help Needed!!

Unread 01-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Estradiol Help Needed!!

I started taking estradiol 2.0 tablet almost 3 month ago. The first month I felt great, but the last month I've been feeling "off". Vaginal dryness and major itching, dry skin, major anxiety and panic attacks at night, not sleeping well, stomach issues with weird rib pains. The list goes on. It really bums me out because I was sleeping so great and feeling really good. Could it be low estrogen? I've heard you lose a lot of the estrogens effectiveness when you take the tablet, but why would it work so well at the beginning? I had been taking the VDot my prior to switching to the pill, but that seems to be hot and cold for me. Somes weeks it worked and other weeks it didn't. I'm 47 and need to stay on estrogen until I'm 50 according to my dr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Re: Estradiol Help Needed!!

Maybe you need to split the dosage.
Unread 01-06-2012, 07:56 PM

Can you split it and take it twice a day? I'm 38 and take it but only been post ip for 3 weeks. I have had one major hit flash night, one night sweat time, 2 warm hours twice at overly warm church services. I have had insomnia and wonder if taking it in the morning is better than at night? This is off your topic but my doctor said I need to be on it til closer to normal menopause, 50, which is 12 years!
Unread 01-06-2012, 09:05 PM

Hi there. I am post op 3 weeks on Jan 9. I am on the Estradiol patch. I have been feeling really good, but have also been having some hot flashes and night sweats. The first two weeks I had major insomnia. Just now starting to sleep. I cannot get the patch to stay on. I was thinking of changing to the pill. @Tam...now I don't know. It doesn't sound like you are having much better luck than me. I am calling my doctor Monday. I will tell you what mine says...I will check back to see what yours says! I want to keep feeling good!! Good luck to you!

Kim R.
Unread 01-06-2012, 09:59 PM

Kim M, what does splitting the dosage do?
Unread 01-07-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovetheOcean View Post
Kim M, what does splitting the dosage do?
It may keep your levels more even throughout the day. It could be that the body is using up the dosage earlier than the next scheduled dosage. Everyone is different, but it is something to consider if your having symptoms at certain times.
Unread 01-07-2012, 01:36 PM

Got it, that makes sense. Thanks! :-)
Unread 01-08-2012, 08:31 AM

Hi I'm new here and found this thread. I'm 3 weeks post op and started a .5mg of Estradiol in pill form about 2 weeks ago. It wasn't working at all, I also had a feeling that the dose was wearing out before bedtime. Night sweats and hot flashes at least every hour if not more often.

I decided to spit the dosage, taking .5mg in the morning, then another .5mg at bedtime. It seems to have worked pretty well, I slept for the first time in two week last night.

I can only hope this will keep up. There are so many medications out there it's confusing.

Hang in there.

MathGeek
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:17 AM

OMG!
Me too! I am 44, surgery July 2011. I was on the Bio-Identical estrogen cream for ten weeks, my levels did not move at all and I had all the HRT systems and acne!!! Then my Endocrinologist (I take Armour/Cytomel for thyroid) suggested to take the Estradiol pill. We started at 100 mg, still symptoms and then moved to 150 mg, with a lot less symptoms.
Symptoms have subsided a LOT! HOWEVER, I feel like a dam lizard with scaly red skin all over that wont heal! UGH! The itching! It's like I am allergic to this stuff or something.

I wonder if there is another bio-identical type of pill out there that works for others? I have an apt. with a Nuropathic Doc. who specializes in HRT in two weeks. Thank god!!!

Good luck ladies!!!!!!
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:27 AM

oops I ment to say 1 mg. not 100 mg.
and I tried the patch, briefly, no go for me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register